Friday, October 10, 2014

HoHoHo... another FiNisH

Yes this quilt is FiNaLLy finished... insert BIG sigh of relief here... 































I think this "Santa's North Pole Village" small quilt is so QuiRKy & FuN.
I thought I was so clever finding in my stash the snowy background & after measuring it, thought I was in great shape... if I was careful... to use it ALL up. Well I didn't account for another block at the top showing Santa & his sleigh flying in the night sky did I... ooppss not enough left over for that. After MonTHs of trying to find suitable fabric to finish it...with NO luck finding any fabric that I was HaPPy with... I just decided to leave THAT block off the top.
I then went in search for the perfect border fabric & LuCKiLy I found it.
So after a few sleepless nights, more than a few worried moments & many miles driving around this city... it's all completed now & ready for use in December...
My fav block is the centre one above... & the last pic shows the backing I used.

The pattern is from the book Welcome to the North Pole by Piece of Cake Designs... called Santa's Village in Applique. My version of the quilt measures 46 inch x 52 inch.
My THanKs must go to VAL for starting the "North Pole QAL" many months ago.

Another UFO...is now a FO... yippee... 

28 comments:

Michelle said...

Great quilt! Didn't realize that Santa was suppose to be on the top! Well done.
Michelle

Christine M said...

Your quilt is wonderful, Chez. I do love that pattern.

Fiona said...

Oh jolly jolly well done... its fabulous.... you will have a wonderful new decoration quilt up this year
Hugz

Tarnyia said...

WooHoo a finish... looks fantastic, love your border fabric xxx

marina said...

well done it looks fantastic and I love the border fabric!
backing is perfect too.
will make a great addition to your christmas decorating

Lisa V said...

It has turned out lovely. Great for Christmas decorating.

Dawn said...

What a quirky quilt - absolutely unique and beautiful. No-one would ever know that there is a block missing. Its perfect just how it is - its a great feeling to tick another one off the list.

Jo said...

Such a lovely quilt

retdairyqueen said...

Great finish and it looks great
Well done

Anonymous said...

Wow Chez it looks fantastic,well done.xx

Mrs Shepo said...

Love your great finish Cheryll, a lot of work, very rewarding, in good time for Christmas. Cheers.♥♡♥

Michelle Ridgway said...

Its been lovely watching it come together.... Looks wonderful xx

Kaylee said...

The Christmas quilt is gorgeous Cheryll

Leeanne said...

fabulous finish! Perfect for Christmas.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh......gorgeous!!!!!

Cheryl said...

Love it Cheryll - you've done such a gorgeous job of this fun quilt

Pinnylea Creations said...

Ssshhh if you don't tell anyone they won't know Santa's missing.... it looks amazing xxx

Anthea said...

Ho Ho Indeed! Congrats Cheryll, you've done a fab job... maybe next year I'll get brave & make my own, as I've had the book for a while!

Jo@awholeplotoflove said...

It's absolutely lovely. I have the book & hope to make it for Christmas 2015.

Sharon @ OSEWDIVINE said...

Well done, It looks great and just in time for Xmas,Its great to use the stash, I hope mine is done for next Xmas...

SuperMomNoCape said...

What a great quilt! Your version is so much brighter and happier than the original. I love it!

Lynda said...

Your quilt turned out so cute! Love the border polka dots too. I made one of these a few years ago but I added some sparkle.....I may have gone a bit wild with the sparkle tho. Still haven't quilted it.

KimM said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!!! Love it, love it!
xxx

Wendy said...

What a wonderful quilt!

Susan said...

Well done - it looks great and so what if Santa and the sleigh is missing - Santa is home with Mrs Santa, the reindeer are in the Reindeer Barn and the sleigh is in the shed - no problems!!
Mine has hit a brick wall -Christmas 2015 at this rate...

Narelle said...

Oh this is just gorgeous ... I want to live in your North Pole village :o)

Karen said...

I am back to being able to comment and had to come back to this post. It is wonderful to see your gorgeous quilt finished. This has been a lot of work, but it is definitely worth the effort. It will look stunning on display at Christmas. Good on you for sticking with it.

Sisbabestitches said...

Great solution! It looks wonderful, I don't think Santa flying over the top would have added anything! And it's all set to hang this year, woohoo!!!!