Monday, March 2, 2015

CuTTinG iT CLosE

My sewing bag has now been completed.... YiPPee...
The fabric & a pattern was supplied by Lynette Anderson at last year's Girls Day in the Country in Nundle... however as I don't like making "hexies" too much... I changed "my bag" into a pieced type with a zip close. It's large enough at 14 in square to fit all sorts of sewing/stitching projects inside & will be very handy for me. So ~ another "finish" & a project off the UFO list.
And I hear all you Nundle-ers saying... ABouT TiMe... lol

Girls Day in the Country is on again on March 21st... however I get to spend 3 days away AND in the company of some wonderful ladies. My extra special friend SHEZ will fly in from Victoria to stay with me as well... so look out Nundle... it will be PaRTY TiMe... lol.

25 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Oh dear I'm still going on mine Yours' looks great Chez! xo

Anonymous said...

Lol it's about time ,just joking Chez it looks fantastic,I like you different take on it,hmm didn't realise you don't like hexies,you will be loving me then,lol.xx

Chookyblue...... said...

it looks great Dory.........about time you got yours finished now you can finish mine.............LOL...........can't wait for Nundle...........

Jeanette said...

Looks very lovely Cheryll. Hugs,xx

Justine said...

Beautiful! In awe of your finishing skills.

Christine M said...

Your bag looks wonderful, Chez. Have fun with Shez and the girls at GDITC.

KimM said...

Another lovely creation. Have fun!!!
xxx

Carin@Ullhärvan said...

Lovely sewing bag! Have fun at the retreat!

Fiona said...

lovely bag....so pretty
Hugz

Show and Tell said...

Great variation of the bag Dory....I can't wait to see you two xxx

Karen S said...

A great finish and a smart way to change the design around!

Rosie said...

Beautiful finish and how handy to have.

Ondrea said...

Wow! That looks fantastic. Love Lynette's fabrics. Wooohoo, you will have a ball again especially with Shez to corrupt you.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love it can't wait till the 21st woo hoo xxxxxxx

Käthe said...

Beautiful !
Happy stitching
Käthe

cucki said...

So sweet
I love it so much xx

Jo said...

Great finish.
You lucky girls. Enjoy Nundle

Cheryl said...

Love it Cheryll

donna said...

Love your bag Cheryll. The stitching is perfect.
Hugs
donna

gominam said...

That looks so lovely!

Jane said...

I love these colours, a very pretty sewing bag

Jenny said...

Love what you did with this one .Cant wait to catch up.

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sisbabestitches said...

Oh you have so much time left- two and a half weeks, that's 19 whole days, way ahead ;) Love the version you have made, and it sounds very practical :) I always love hearing about someone else who is not a "hexie-maker" ;) It will be a lovely finish to take with you this year :)

Dawnie said...

Looks great Dory. I tbought I was the only one around that wasn't a hexoe fan!!