Saturday, February 25, 2017

An ORPhaN

has found a home.
I used an orphan dresden plate block with some stash fabric & made a BLanKeT of LoVe.
I even pieced the binding from a few small  pieces of scrap.
The quilting design is only subtle but works well with the dresden I think.
I will pop it into the box to be delivered to the local hospital.
I also made another smaller blanket using just fabric with a lovely colour and grid pattern.
Of course I quilted it in the "grid" ... it's nice & simple... but effective.
It is now safely packed in the box as well.



Another 2 projects added to my
Scrap Busting Challenge this month.

* * * * *

10 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Lovely, Cheryll!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chez both lovely blankets of love,well done my friend xxxx

kiwikid said...

Wonderful quilts Cheryll.

Karen S said...

Great way to use a lonely dresden and it looks great. I also think the little green one is very effective, too. Great work.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful work Cheryll. Special projects x

Bethan said...

Really lovely blankets. I love the quilting on both; simple and effective x

Janet said...

Beautiful little blankets! They don't need to be intricate to be lovely!

Helen said...

Beautiful and thoughtful :)

Anthea said...

Lovely little blankets there Cheryll... great use of small pieces.

Jenny said...

Scrap busting what a good idea and what a good way to use them