Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Baby RuGG

DD#2 asked for a PLaYQuiLT for her friend.
As the proud parents-to-be don't know the sex of the baby we decided to make the quilt in neutrals.
I originally saw this quilt on Pinterest in May 2014 but modified it by... adding some applique & changing the block size & finished size. DD#2 liked my ideas & is now very HaPPy with the result.
The "Elephant" cot/play quilt measures 36in x 48in.
The beautiful quilting was done by my friend... Julie... at Edge to Edge Quilting... from HeRe.
If you need any quilting done, drop Julie an email. You won't be disappointed.
The original pattern is available to purchase from "The Design Studio" blog... HeRe.
I like to give credit where credit is due.
Now I have to wait a few months to see what the parents think of my interpretation...
* * * * *

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning my lovely friend,wow i love this baby quilt and the colours are gorgeous and the elephants very cute,great finish Chez,well done xx

Ondrea said...

That is really a lovely baby quilt and you have done such a lovely job with it. It is great when we find good quilters we can depend on too.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Awww those ellies are so cute. Sure to be a huge hit. I think its gorgeous xx

Helen said...

So cute looks wonderful !

Maria said...

A lovely quilt for the new babe..
Julie's quilt is gorgeous..

Karen S said...

Gorgeous little play quilt. Perfect gift for a new baby. Lovely work.

Bethan said...

What a lovely quilt - I like the elephants in particular! x