Wednesday, July 19, 2017

A Large QuiLT

DD#2 wanted another quilt so I asked her to pick a design she liked.
She saw a layout on Pinterest awhile ago & said "that's the one I want".
So I set about making it... bit of trial & error with colours, block size & placement... and in the end DD#2 was very HaPPy with my colour decisions & layout.
Well... I am pleased to say Haphazard Peaks is now FiNisHeD.
I stitched the multi coloured binding down while in the caravan...
My friend Julie.. from Jewells blog HeRe... at Edge to Edge Quilting, worked her magic with the quilting.
Thanks Julie... xox
The quilt measures 90 inch x 100 inch. Each one of the 90 blocks finished at 10 inches... (4 blocks of 1/2 square triangles made 1 coloured block) while the greys/lights were 1 x 10 inch block.
I chose the simple black & white backing fabric to make the quilt fully & quietly reversible.
Unfortunately I don't know the original owner of this diagram to give full credit here.

12 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

The quilt looks great..... Well done.. ..

Anonymous said...

Hi Chez wow the quilt is amazing ,love the colours,well done my friend on a beautiful finish xx

Anne Ida said...

Sew pretty! Congratulations on a wonderful finish!

Karen S said...

This is a great design for a large quilt.
Great finish, it looks wonderful.

Maria said...

Fantastic quilt and Julie did a lovely quilting job on it...

Michelle Ridgway said...

Fantastic finish. So fresh and bright x

Fiona said...

A beautiful quilt..... well done its really lovely
Hugz

Ondrea said...

A beautiful modern quilt. WEll done girl!

Susan said...

A great quilt - and a very adaptable pattern. I'm sure DD2 loves it.

Jo said...

Very nice finish...

simplestitches said...

great quilt! nice work.

Bethan said...

What a fantastic quilt. And how clever to work out the pattern from a Pinterest post - it's amazing x