Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Lets Book It

As usual each month, Shez & I are using a Nancy Halvorsen book for our project for the Lets Book It challenge with Sharon from Vroomans Quilts.
For the month of April a "Tooth Fairy Pillow" was chosen.
I decided on a "girls" one... but I will make a boys "monster" one too. It's from the Art to Heart Series of books... called Curiosities & Mischief.
I changed the pattern slightly...but I don't think Nancy will mind... adding lace & a few buttons to the front... embroidered "my tooth fairy" on it... & moved the pocket to the back... I'm sure the TooTH FaIRy will find Chloe's tooth back there... & added pretty PINK ribbon to hang it.
Thanks Sharon for all the encouragement to dust off our books & use them.
Visit Vroomans Quilts blog HERE...to see what other books were used.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Chez oh this is so cute I love it,well done my friend I am naughty and have not done mine yet,your GD's will love this one.xx

SuperMomNoCape said...

This is such a sweet little tooth fairy pillow! Chloe is going to love her.

I recently started a new weekly Stitchery Link Party and I'd love to have you come link up this post. http://www.supermomnocape.com/2015/04/27/vintage-embroidery-monday-and-stitchery-link-party/

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, this is just adorable! I want one. Never had these kind of things when I was little - don't even remember there being a tooth fairy in our house either.

gominam said...

That sure looks so beautiful! Great stitching as always:)

Deb R said...

Tis gorgeous...every child needs one x

Christine M said...

How gorgeous is your tooth fairy pillow!

Maddy said...

So cute just adorable.

Having trouble finding these books. Are they only available at quilt stores.

Jo said...

That is such a cute project.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So very cute xx

Cheryl said...

It's the cutest Cheryll. I'm sure your grandie will love it

Maria said...

Such a sweet Tooth Fairy cushion...

donna said...

Cheryll your tooth fairy pillow turned out great. Love it.
Hugs
donna

Dasha said...

Cute tooth fairy pillow Cheryll. Now be honest. Are you going to make one for every grand child, or will you run out of steam?? LOL

KimM said...

Love your tooth fairy pillow. With a grandson and two step grandchildren, I'd better get working in some!!!
xxx

Fiona said...

Oh I love her.....
Hugz

Ondrea said...

How cute! I wish they had been around when I was a child. I used to leave my tooth in a glass of water , wake up and find money in the glass.

Kaylee said...

The tooth fairy pillow is adorable Cheryll

Jenny said...

Very cut pillow, what ever happened to the glass of water beside your bed. Thats what we always had... would of gathered a pillow i'm sure.. LOL

Karen S said...

This is adorable! Love all the embellishments.