Wednesday, January 19, 2011

MailMaN's BeeN AgAiN

I received another WoNdErFuL block in the mail again today. I'm being spoilt....but it sure is FuN !!
This 'Log Cabin" arrived from Heather in Nova Scotia Canada who is my January partner from QBSA. I wished for a log cabin in Christmas themed fabric and so this fits PeRFeCtLy into my project.
ThAnK YoU very much Heather.

I finally managed to add round #7 in SAHR. I cannot wait to add some embellishments to jazz it up... but I have to wait for permission from our host Kate...lol. The 3 pieces added this round were 5x5, 5x6 and 5x5 to the bottom. I think I'm OK with it...but I'll just have to wait and see how it turns out I guess.



Note: I was reading Linda's blog "Stray Stitches" this morning and she mentioned scissors.
Did you know that Leonardo da Vinci invented the scissors.
Just another piece of useless information I have in my head! 

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love log cabin blocks - maybe because I think of them as a heritage block. The nice thing about the web - we get to enjoy all the seasons all the time with our international bloggers. This is a cute Christmas quilt (or is it a wallhanging size).

Anonymous said...

Its looking great Cherryll and love your log cabin block.
cheers Sheryl
http://shez-enjoyinglife.blogspot.com

Toni said...

Linda always has strange facts that stick in your head!! :)

OOOoooo, I hope your mailman is a cutie :) He sure is good to you!

Your SAHR is looking soo good, can't wait to see what embellishments you will add!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that about scissors (I wonder how they got their name? It is very strange the word scissors don't you think?)

You must LOVE the mail person coming, especially when they bring such delightful mail.

Hope you are well xxx