Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Three Finished.

DD #1 & #2 friends are both expecting babies... but they don't get to see them very often. So when the opportunity came up suddenly for a visit, of course yours truly had only a few days notice to whip something up! And at this time of year...well... I'm not exactly sitting around with nothing to do.. not to mention most fabric shops are closed for the holidays.
Thank goodness for fabric printed in bright colours and patterns. Of course I would rather make a quilt from scratch... but these make-do-panels come in handy! Perfect for floor play rugs!

Friends Galore.

Animal Crackers
Finished in 2010.....
I didn't get to share a pic of the table runner I made on behalf of my DD#2. She wanted to give it to her boyfriends mother so I couldn't show it before Xmas.
It was a big hit with Kath!


What do you do to keep your projects safe and sound ?
This is how I get my gifts to travel and then store safely.

Shred some paper....
Make a roll & cover with tissue paper...
Helps keep the runner from creasing.
I'd like to know how you store your projects...
so leave me a comment....pwease...

4 comments:

Toni said...

What cute baby quilts!

I like your idea of wrapping a table runner up, I haven't thought about how to send them before now. I just wrap it up in a roll and put tissue around them :)

joyce said...

Very ingenious!! My quilts are either stored in a hutch or draped on a hanging stand with multiple bars. Every so often I take them out and refold them. Not a good system, but I don't really have any fantastic quilts in there . . . yet!!! I do have a quilt I need to ship so maybe I'll try your roll method. Thanks for the idea!!

Cute baby quilts also!

Anonymous said...

I love the fabric on the first baby quilt but they are both really sweet.

Great idea for storing quilts - the smaller projects I have made I either roll (but not with the infill - will try that!) or fold and keep in a blanket box...

Deanna said...

That is a very good tip! Thanks for sharing.