Saturday, February 12, 2011

Christmas Quilt-a-Long - #2

You know the oLd and WiSe saying... MeAsUre twice..
CuT once... well if only I had!!!  Dohhh.
When I finished embroidering the top I straightened the edges.. HoWeVeR I used the measurements the wrong way round.. that is.. the width became the height and visa versa... hence.. I should have measured twice and then cut!
Oh well... add a frame... that will FiX it!  Searched through the stash and found a PeRfEcT match... phew....


Oh and as you can see I'm not making the quilt... but I'm using this time to get a few Christmas things done and dusted BeFoRe Christmas. I plan to keep collecting the patterns each month and I will make use of them.. I promise!
Just making a coffee... then I'll get back at it!

6 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Way to go - don't stress those 'oops' - just design around them. I do my gifties thru the yr and try to be finished before Thanksgiving - then I can enjoy the family and holidays.

Quiet Quilter said...

Coffee always helps! This block may turn out to be your favorite, who knows....

QuiltSue said...

This is going to look great

QuiltSue said...

PS whatever time is it for you?

Shakerwood said...

I think sometimes the mistake turns out nicer than the original!

Sand and Sunshine said...

Hmm got an error trying to post to your last post of the morning. ;-) You really accomplished a lot today! Good for you. I love all the beautiful touches you added.