Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Interesting Visitor

Hubby and I decided to clean up some old wood that we were storing thinking we might have a need for it one day... but never did... so DH started to cut it up to get rid of it. It's no good to burn so it was headed to the tip. Anyway, while moving the pieces we discovered a visitor living in between the planks....  a little (baby) blue tongue lizard. So of course hubby took it down back and found a new home for it. Then back again moving more wood. Guess what ?... another blue tongue... so he also was relocated. Then back to the wood pile... Oh no... a third member of the family.. so he was promptly taken down back to join his brothers or sisters ??... then back to finish the last of the wood... Yes you guessed it... a fourth blue tongue. This time I ran in and got the camera. He wouldn't poke out his tongue for the camera... but yes their tongues are a vivid BluE !
So we now have 4 members of the Nigrolutea species living under the trees in the garden in our backyard.
How LuCkY are we...... !

~~~*~~*~~~
Remember the knitting I started the other night... well I finished a neck warmer... or should I say three.
Two are off to friends and the other one I kept for myself. Here I am modelling my creation.... and is it ever WaRm!  
Just perfect if the cold temperatures return. 
DD #2 wants me to knit her one in black or deep grey, so now I'm off to the shops for wool.
See ya......



Pattern by Susan Chang.



12 comments:

Jeanette said...

How fabulous to have 4 blue tongues. I have 1 i see now & again. Happy Stitching

Jody Herbert said...

Cute visitors - I'm sure they'll like their new home too! That neck warmer does look lovely and warm, looks great.

Anonymous said...

Cheryll glad you finished your knitting the scarfs look great i have made 1 of them for mum,but i sewed mine up different to yours,i just sewed the side seams up matching and i noticed you started yours from halfway,does it sit better that way ??
I hope you can make sense of this,lol.

Linda said...

Wow, if those are babies how big do they get? We have cute little geckos here, but they are very small!

Michelle Ridgway said...

How lovely to have blue tongues in your garden. They are such helpful fellows keeping all the spiders and other creepy crawlies under control.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

As long as you found lizards and not snakes. Love the neck collar - very soft.

Allie said...

Well I'm glad you guys found that blue tongued critter and not me, lol! Love the scarves, they look really cozy and warm!

crafty pug said...

love the neck warms - very 'now' :) also good on you for relocating the blue tongued lizards! they are very important to the ecosystem. just don't let them bite you!
xx

Kathy said...

Your neck warmer looks warm. I love blue tongues, I used to live near the bush and dad would catch the blue tongues and get the ticks off them. So happy you have a family of them living with you.

young by design said...

Your neck collar is beautiful! It looks very soft and lovely. I've never heard of blue tongued lizards. I'm glad the family got to stay together!!

Narelle said...

I love the idea of a neck warmer ... if my feet and neck are warm I'm happy and scarves sometimes get in the way.

Unknown said...

Thank you sooo much for your warm and cosy gift of the neck warmer. I cant wait to wear it out
and I feel so special, I am a knitter, but no-one has knitted anything for me since I was little. Much appreciated. Hugs, Sue