Sunday, October 30, 2011

GeTTinG ReaDy for HaLLowEEn


Although "Halloween" isn't really celebrated here in Australia... we do get a few little ones stopping by our door for treats. As hubby is Canadian and grew up with this tradition we try to enjoy this time of the year too like other "trick or treat-ors" in other parts of the world.
This fellow is on my front door at present... welcoming all who dare to approach.


And this is how my entrance table is decorated... so far....


I need to make a table topper... and add some spider web... etc
But it's all FuN .. isn't it !
* * * * *
AND FROM NOWHERE....
out of a sunny blue sky this afternoon we had a down pour of rain like you wouldn't believe. I mean it came sooo quickly I only had time to grab the clothes off the line before this.....


Luckily NO damage was done... just water... !
AND NOW... it's gone... back to blue skies... again!



11 comments:

Lynda said...

Your entry table looks great. I do love Halloween decorations. However, I seem to be getting very lazy and seldom decorate much anymore. The view from your home is beautiful!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

My only decor - for a while - was setting up for photos for the Ghastlie shoot/blog. We get no treaters and this year our town is on early curfew because of the flood damaged-empty homes. We have a foot of snow from an early storm.

Anonymous said...

we have had so much rain here again,its like it has gone back to winter,love your door man,lol hope thats not hubby fading away because you aren't feeding him because you are up in your cubbyhole,lol.

Allie said...

Cute entry, Cheryll! Love that little quilt. Wow that was some downpour!

Fiona said...

love your bit of halloween and your rain.. we need soem too... hot and muggy is all we are getting...
Hugz

Larissa said...

We don't celebrate Halloween either, but your entry decorations look good! Loving that little quilt!! Fantastically autumn-y!! ... And that downpour - fantastic!!! I LOVE storms like that!! Enjoy it while it lasts hun ... I know I will up here!!!!

Binsa said...

Hi Cheryll, although we do not celebrate Hallowen our neighbours children do...so I expect my verandah and path to be overflowing with littlies tonight...love your entry table..Regards, O'faigh

Unknown said...

Love your halloween decorations, I always buy bags of some treat in case I get little one call in, but since we have been at this house here we have never had a visit (we used to get lots at our last house) which means I eat the treats :)

Love Bears All Things said...

Hello, I love the tabletop quilt hanger. Could you tell me where I can get one?
Mama Bear

Caren Kristine said...

I love the little quilt and quilt hanger on your entry table. Very festive.

sandra said...

Happy Halloween from this Canadian and your decorations looks lovely. Sandra