Saturday, March 3, 2012

A SwaP & a NoN SwaP

I mailed off my "name game" mat/hanger to my partner a week ago and as I know she doesn't follow this blog, it's OK for me to show it here.
Her blog is "Daisy Days" and this is a replica of her header except I added the coffee mug (she loves her coffee), a book (loves reading) the fabric (works in a shop) and tape measure (loves to quilt)... even the binding is very similar to what is around her blog page. I hope "Daisy Days" likes my interpretation.

I couldn't resist the backing fabric... and although I wouldn't normally put something so different in colour from the front on the back... well it just suited.  
It's mini quilts!  AND it's gorgeous!



"Quilt-y" Sayings…

* Quilters don't do buttons *
As I would NEVER let a partner down in a swap, I decided that I may be just too busy to be part of my own Lets Exchange this time around. I did however make a binder cover earlier last month for me to keep all the swaps organised. Here it is... made from "left over" strips that I had used in my quilt "Family Matters" last December. I thought this cover looked like "books" standing in line on a shelf. 





Inside... I have lots of dividers to separate the swaps etc. 
It's sooo much better than a plain old binder sitting on the desk!

I have sent out ALL partners in the Lets Exchange a journal cover... so if you haven't received YOUR partners details in an email... 
please contact ME asap! 
Remember the mailing deadline is MARCH 21st.
I belong to an at-home-BOM due the first Monday of each month with "Quilt Story". This months' block is a nine patch... ANY nine patch... so I chose Water Wheel in the colours of our local professional football team. You see this is a surprise quilt for hubby... ssshhh... he doesn't read this blog so I'm safe BUT I hope I can keep the colours and the blocks out of eye sight so he doesn't say "Oh Knights colours" and get him to thinking!
Anyways... the block is due by Mar 5th... so I'm all done... yippee!!!


14 comments:

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Well done on the Name Game Mini, it looks great and how sneeky are you with hubby quilt, I am sure he will love it. hugs

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just some sweet work! I'm dedicating this weekend to get my journal cover/package done so it can go out in Monday's mail

Sheila said...

Your name game mini is adorable , great nine patch I think your hubby will love that !

Anonymous said...

wow how fantastic is that name hanger Chez,you did a marvelous job,she will be very happy,love the backing fabric you are right it just suits it so well.What a lovely journal cover,love the stripes it looks fantastic,you are so organised.That block looks great and what a lovely wife you are to make hubby a quilt.xx

Cheryll said...

Oh you make me blush Shez... :)

Christine M said...

Your name game hanger looks great. I love the backing fabric you used. The journal cover looks great too. I'm sure your husband is going to be very surprised.

donna said...

You did a beautiful job on the name game hanger. Your book cover is great. I keep thinking I want to make one but I have not gone there yet. Your sweet hubby is just
going to love his quilt by the way the first blocks looks.
Hugs
donna

Annie said...

Name Game hanger looks fantastic Cheryll.....I'm sure Ms Daisy Days is going to love it :)

Melissa Graham said...

Oh I love the Daisy Days mat. I would love to have one of those for myself as I love daisies!! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.

Teri said...

I love your name game quilt.....you did a beautiful job...I'm sure she'll love it. I also did not have time to join the journal cover swap, I have too many quilts to finish by a deadline, but I will be back the swaps a very fun.....

Teresa F. said...

Love your name game mini quilt. I't's lovely. I love all the sewing related applique. The backing fabric is truly amazing.
Hugs,
Teresa

Gabriella said...

Oh thank you for stopping by to me ^__^

Your block looks very cool and I love the colours mixed together in this block

Great all your projects!!!!!
Hugs from Italy
Gabriella

Deb R said...

Ohhh the name game mini quilt is fabulous!!! Its great you were able to match everything ... Im sure she will be blown away!!!! The swap folder is a good idea to use up scraps :)

Quiltstory said...

Love this! :) By the way, it won't allow me to correct the image you linked. It's up to you, let me know if you want me to delete it and you can relink, or you can leave it as is. Up to you! :)