Friday, June 8, 2012

FriDaY FiNisHeS

For anyone living on the east coast of Australia you know what I mean when I say .."what a weather week we've just had" ! Sun, wind, rain, cold, sun again... well after all it is WiNTeR... but all in a matter of 5 days!
WOW!
BUT on the good side of bad weather... one can get a lot of sewing done... 
yippee!
Every where I look crafters are working with felt... so I gave it a go too.

Inspiration from Bare Roots candle mats.



Lovely bright tree ornies with gold sparkles...
cute gingerbread men...
and of course trees...
all on a starry night!










Next finish was my car quillow. I started it at the Central Coast Modern Quilters Guild meeting and it's made in grey, black and red flannel, with a cotton backing for strength. I thought that way it can lay on the ground when needed.
This FiNisH is also my June 
MonTHLy MaKe.


Another project was a machine cover to protect my overlocker.
It has always just been covered with a plastic one, nothing too crafty about it, eh?
in fact it's ... B-O-R-I-N-G !!!

But it looks so much better now, don't you think?

And... it almost matches my "ApRoN" which Sharon made me in the recent "AlphaBet ChaLLenge" doesn't it?

I'm VeRy HaPPy with it because I had to make a pattern to fit the unusual shape of the machine.!
I did get inspiration from Thimble Blossoms "Just Swell" by Camille Roskelley for the piecing of the bottom panel.


23 comments:

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

You have been sp busy with beautiful finishes. I just love your overlock cover, it looks fantastic. hugs

Loves to Quilt said...

You are so welcome! You have been very busy today/tomorrow!

CathyC said...

you've been busy ;-)
love the overlocker cover ;-)

Larissa said...

Wow Cheryll! These look WONDERFUL!!! ... And that overlock cover - FANTASTIC!! How great that it matches so well with the sewing machine apron!!

Anthea said...

the overlocker cover is fantastic, cheryll, i would never have picked that they were not made by the same person. the candle mat is just so cute, & that car quillow will come in handy in the coming months! well done busy lady!

Melody said...

Brilliant sewing - well done.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful stitching Cheryll. Love your machine cover.

Quilt Kitty said...

What a productive month. I love working in felt too & your candle mat is lovely. I have a Quillow for my car in the to quilt pile, thought it would be handy to have one in there too. I love your overlocker cover. Being quilters our overlocker do miss out a bit but yours must be feeling very loved & well dressed. Tracee xx

Maria said...

Some fabulous finishes Cheryll.
Really love the overlocker cover. Great colours..

Unknown said...

Love the cosy car blankie and the machine cover is fabulous. A great weeks work.

PeggyR said...

I love what you have done! We can have your kind of weather here in OH.

Kaisievic said...

You have been really busy - I really like the car quillow.

Fiona said...

Great stitchin' at your place... did you enjoy the felt sewing? I find it great.... and I love, love love your overlocker cover...... maybe it will go missing and be found at my house...
Hugz

De said...

Very productive week. Love the overlocker cover.

Tarnyia said...

Very clever Cheryll and a wonderful idea... makes me look at my poor ''plastic covered overlocker'' now hahahaha xxx

marina said...

My overlocker is so jealous!
Your cover looks fantastic.
Love your flannel quilt too.
Busy, busy!

Marsha said...

Your sewing machine cover is lovely. I love the colors and also the designs you incorporated on it.

Cheryll said...

Thanks Marsha... I cannot reply to you but thanks for visiting!

retdairyqueen said...

You are very clever
I'm impressed

prsd4tim2 said...

Your machine cover is amazingly beautiful - "sew" much prettier than the plastic one! Now I want one for my serger. Gorgeous!

Allie said...

That candle mat is just darling Cheryll, love it! And that QUILT - oh my gosh the colors are fabulous, what a wonderful quilt! And then you blow me away with your machine cover - you are amazing!!!

Lynda said...

Beautiful machine cover. Love the orange and blue. Now I really feel like I'm slacking with my plastic cover.

Anonymous said...

such a pretty organised sewing room Chez,well done.xx