Monday, October 8, 2018

GoinG iN CiRCLeS

in more ways than one...
It was a rainy afternoon yesterday so I decided to make a zipper pouch.
As I had some circle fabric I thought I would add a few simple applique circles to match.
Next I stitched the zip in... with lining attached... then top stitched in place...
no problems up to this point... 👍

BuT...  that's when things started to go wrong... horribly WRonG...

Lets just say there was a reverse sew-athon going on in my cubbyhole.

One mistake after another... & silly mistakes too... even when I boxed the base... I cut it wrong...!!!
So I really was going in circles... doing the same thing over & over...
 AnyWaYs 
 in the end... 
I managed to resurrect the whole project & although the pouch is a little worse for wear...
& a slightly different shape than originally planned...
it didn't finish up too bad.

* * * * *

10 comments:

Helen said...

Happens to me. Don’t you hate days like that. Looks great love the fabrics.

retdairyqueen said...

Ha Ha Pleased Iam not the only one who has these problems/mistakes
Turned out ok in the end so that's the main thing
Looks good

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Looks great . Applique makes it.

Susan said...

Think of it as a "Challenge"!!! worked out well in the end...Love the fabric

Fiona said...

Grrrr… the end product looks great... lovely and modern

Hugz

Karen S said...

It looks great and well done fixing the problems and saving the project.

Lin said...

Looks great to me but sorry you had so many problems. xx

Jenny said...

Quick un pick is your best friend. It looks good in the end .

Maria said...

Some days things are like that but I think the zipper pouch looks great.

Bethan said...

Oh how annoying! I'm glad you stuck with it - the pouch looks great x