Sunday, December 16, 2018

Is AnyOne Interested

in doing the 2016 sew-along to make Lori Holt's...  BLOOM quilt ?
It's a FREE pattern... & even though it was completed several years ago I just loved it...  BUT ...
this is the first chance I've had to work on it myself.
All you need to purchase is Lori Holt's BLOOM templates.
You could even use up LoTs of your scraps if you didn't want to purchase any fabric.
I'm using left over fabric from charm packs & a jelly roll in similar colours that I've had for ages...
& I will make mine larger to suit a queen size bed by simply added extra blocks or borders.
Each 81/2 inch block is appliqued using either fusible OR needle turn by hand OR machine method.
You get to choose the method you like to use.


Soooo... does anyone want to join me in January 2019 ? ...
Think of it as a FuN  encourage-along  really, but at the end of say 6 months we will have a really sweet quilt to show for our efforts.
FYI... You can read all about the 2016 sew-along HeRe.

Simply leave a comment or email me if you are interested... then start gathering your supplies.

* * * * *

21 comments:

Susie H said...

I think this could be fun. I'll be ordering my templates shortly followed by digging through my stash! Let's see how many we can get on board this Encourage-along!!!!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Dory its a lovely pattern but i have a few quilts on the go that i hope to finish next year.
Lori's designs are lovely and i look forward to watching you progress on yours.xx

Cheryll said...

It’s great to have your company...
Here’s hoping we can gather a few more quilters before we start too.
xox

Maria said...

Oh yes please... Love Sew-A-Longs and it will be a lovely quilt to display at our Quilt Hanging in October....
Will checkout what templates I need now.
Thanks Cheryll.

Cheryll said...

Glad to have you sewing along ...

Lynda said...

I do love Lori Holt. However, I am working on Quilty Fun that I purchased a very long time ago and finally decided to start it a few months ago. I think I only have 6 rows completed so far. There are so so so many little pieces! Hopefully I can get it finished this year. I will enjoy watching your progress though.

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

It looks a great project. I will look into how I can get the templates in the UK and might just join you. Six months is a good time too. :)

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

I'm in. I have the templates and the other bits and pieces and going to use fabric from my plentiful stash. Look forward to a stitchalong in 2019. :) x

Maria said...

Cheryll I checked out the link and it said the templates are not available anymore... any ideas how to purchase them please.

Cheryll said...

Did you try Etsy or Shops.
I found a few places.. so I will email you... xox

Michelle Ridgway said...

Thanks so much Cheryll but my dance card is full.....AGAIN Lol!

Clare said...

I would love to join in with you but here can I get the Bloom templates. Postage puts the cost up too.:(

Wendyb said...

i"m in....a little late but hell.....whatever! lol I'll see if I can find the templates and the pattern, or if you have a link that would be awesome!
xox sugary hugs sounds fab!

Vireya said...

This looks fun, but is there anywhere in Australia you can get the templates, do you know? I found them at the Fat Quarter Shop, but they want $25 (US) for postage.

Laurel Lee Pedersen said...

I have the templates and haven't gotten around to making them. Would love to join you!

Unknown said...

Hi - I’m new to the group and want to do the Bloom SAL - please let me know how I connect to your group

Cheryll said...

Hello Unknown.
I'm sorry I can't reply but you are a "no reply" blogger... but if you email me (from a private email address) I may be able to help you join in.

Clare said...

My Templates came so I can join in. :) hAPPY sTITCHING.

Unknown said...

I was exploring quilt patterns and discovered your blog. This quilt is darling and I would love to join you! I have never participated in a quilt along before. I will start gathering my supplies and see where this takes me.

Dawn said...

Ooh. Id love to join in, got all my fabrics and templates in 2016 so Yes please. Xxxx

RandR Serenity said...

Hi there,
It's been years since I followed your block, but found you again :-)
I have just ordered the templates and will be joining you for this.
Cheers Raelene