Saturday, February 16, 2019

BLooMeRs PaRTy - #3

Here we are again...
before I left home I made TwO blocks for this party.
The original Block #3 ... & a repeat block in different colours.
I calculated that I need to make at least 4 per month to be finished in September.
SO... with that in mind I will try to keep up that schedule.
But I will also add an additional BLooM day when there is a 5th Saturday in the month...
& I will have at least one "double month" where I'll try to make 4 original blocks + 2 extra blocks as well. 
You can too... if you want to that is... so our quilts will be finished a little earlier... but remember my quilt will be LaRGeR than Lori Holts original.
This repeat block needs to be trimmed when adding the borders.
If you have a finished block... or a work-in-progress block ready to show... please link up below.



Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

12 comments:

RandR Serenity said...

Love these blocks. Thanks heaps for doing this SAL...

Vireya said...

So are you making two quilts, or one super-sized one? Looking good, either way!

No photos on Mr Linky today?

Karen S said...

Great blocks. Love how different they look with a change of colours and fabrics.

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

Well done on your block, it's lovely. No machine work allowed yet so I will catch up when I can :)

Cheryll said...

Oopps... I added mr linky without the pics option. Will be corrected next party. Sorry...

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely Cheryl. It's going to be beautiful x

Maria said...

Great blocks Cheryll and all our tops will be different.. I think mine is going to be smaller with the single border....

Susie H said...

Beautiful blocks, Cheryll! Love the colors of that new block.

Anthea said...

Hi Cheryll... your Bloom blocks are so pretty, what a great quilt to make. I did see that you were hosting a SAL for it, & would have loved to join in, I even have had the applique templates for a couple of years now... BUT I just can't commit to much right now & will be better off finishing some things here instead.
Great to see you & hubs are enjoying the caravan time... so good to just hitch up your 'house on wheels" & go enjoy places.
I hope all your grandkids are happily settled back in at school now, ready for a packed year of learning ahead of them!
x

Ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pink Rose said...

Hi Chez gee your blocks are looking fantastic and it's great to see the other ladies blocks that are sewing them as well,I love seeing the different fabrics that the blocks are made in.
Hoping you have a wonderful day my friend xx

Bethan said...

Great blocks - are the flowers applique or are you doing paper piecing or another technique? x