Thursday, February 13, 2020

SCRaP PLaY

Yesterday I worked on another PICU quilt...
don't ya just LoVe this sight... PiNs, pins & more PiNS...

I used a lot of scrap batting in this one... simply joined together by zig zag stitch 
& I had some left over flannel fabric that I used as the backing.
After some simple quilting... & a binding being added...


I have another 35 inch quilt to donate to the local regional hospital for their PICU- 
Paediatric Intensive Care Unit.

- - - - -
I also played with lots of colourful 21/2 inch squares, for another PICU baby quilt, but more scraps need to be sorted before I can finish it. 
This one will be for a BoY as well...


Then... I finally... but only partially... cleaned out the applique scrap bin. 
It's marvellous how many "strings" I found in it...👍👵
O>M>G... I think I have a SCRaP problem...


.
* * * * *

9 comments:

Fiona said...

lovely little quilts, I will try and get some bigger ones ready to make for you... I made a bunch of the smaller tops early this year which are in the queue....
Scrap bins are so much fun aren't they... and they don't seem to get smaller...
Hugz

Janice said...

You’re having great fun using your scraps and all for a good purpose.

Maria said...

Lovely little quilts using your scrap wadding and fabrics...

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

So many lovely scraps. Enjoy playing with all of that lovely fabric :)

Karen S said...

You really are making the most of your scraps. Another gorgeous donation quilt.
It is lovely to see all that you create.

Susie H said...

So much fun happening. Nice to see little boy quilts being made.

Bethan said...

Lovely finishes and lovely material. You do keep a lot of scraps! x

Jenny said...

Great way to use your scraps

Linda said...

Those are so cute! Nice to have batting scraps too, isn't it? :)