Friday, April 10, 2020

Week 3... SoCiaLLy DiSTanCinG

We are all in the same boat... distanced from family & friends trying to keep our spirits up. My cubbyhole is a saviour for me... &... as I have lots of projects on the go... I'm keeping a busy mind. 
As for the body... well... the house has never been soooo clean... lol

* * * * *
I finished the quilting on the "soccer" themed tumbler block child's quilt.
Yeah... another finish for April...  ✅
* * * * *
I also finished the "string" charity quilt which measures 40in x 60in.
This was made using the quick & easy quilt-as-you-go method...
& fabric scraps & backing remnants... except for the NeW batting.
Another finish for the month...✅

* * * * *

After a marathon sewing session... I packed up & sent my Once Upon A Time  quilt to Julie to work her magic on... more later...

* * * * *

The RSC 2020 colour in April is light BLUE  ...& so here is my chain link block...


I also stitched one in MiD BLuEs as well...
* * * * *

My item for the 1 Xmas Item a Month group is a set of four Picnic Pals...


This pattern is Daisy Dreams Lapkin by Dawn Hay & is from the 2015 retreat of  Lets Get Stitched .
I finally got around to making 4 & they will be a gift in December.

You can visit Narelle... & the other elves...  here..

* * * * * *
Linking to RSC2020... HeRe.

11 comments:

Fiona said...

oh wow, you certainly are keeping nice and busy there.... lots has got done. i love how you added those circles to the soccer tumblers...
Have a lovely weekend...
Hugz

retdairyqueen said...

My goodness You have been busy
Some lovely projects happening there xx

Maria said...

You have been very busy and great that Once Upon a Time is on it's way to Julie to be quilted...

loulee said...

Wow! You have loads to show and tell about this time.
Stay safe and keep on sewing.

Karen S said...

I love what you have done with the soccer quilt. Great way you have used the appliqued circles to continue the theme. Looks great!
And well done with the string quilt, too. That looks wonderful. Lovely donation.
You have been working up a storm with your colour blocks and the picnic pals!
Can't wait to see your Once Upon A Time quilt when it comes back.

Bethan said...

You have been making good use of the extra time we all have. I love your picnic pals - clever idea x

Julie in GA said...

What a great idea to do quilt-as-you-go for your string blocks! I will have to remember that idea.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE the bits of Light/Bright BLUE throughout your post. That soccer themed quilt is SEW darling!! Some kid is going to be absolutely thrilled to receive that!

Linda said...

Your soccer quilt is darling! The strings quilt is so cute; I need to try to quilt-as-you-go method. I really like that chain link block; it reminds me a little of a card trick block. Glad your house is benefitting from sheltering in place - lol!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely finishes all! I'm presently quilting a quilt as you go blue string quilt. It's great for me as I cannot handle the large pieces anymore. Week 4 of self isolation for us. Stay away from people is the advice.

Vireya said...

Well done, getting so much done!

I'm looking forward to seeing your completed Once Upon a Time quilt.