Friday, June 5, 2020

weeK 11... OpeNinG Up

Another week has passed with a few more restrictions being lifted... whoopee...

I actually got an appointment at my
hair salon this week too...
so that's a HuGe yippee...

                     Perhaps I'll look like THiS after my visit... 💁

AnYWaYs...
On the sewing front...
I made another mug & rug carry bag in ReD dotty fabric.
This will go into the gift box & will also be added to the blog 1Xmasitemamonth group - for JuNe.

Thanks Narelle for hosting every month.
* * * * *

I sat with some embroidery on my knee this week too.
This Christmas project has been ongoing for years.
It's just one of those projects you can pick up at different times & simply stitch.
I'm almost out of floss- which I only just discovered- 😂... so I need to buy more.

* * * * *

I also made a few more "spool" blocks and placed them on my design wall.
Looking good so far...

* * * * *

And with shopping restrictions being lifted... I ventured out to my LQS.
Of course I NeeDeD some fabric & thread so that would be regarded as a necessity right?
Well that's my story...


13 comments:

Fiona said...

i love how the spool quilt is looking.... of course fabric is an essential... especially for us sewers.... enjoy the hairdo....
Hugz

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Fabric shopping is always a necessity :)

Pink Rose said...

Good morning my friend yipee you got to go to the hairdresser bet you feel like a new women now I think everyone feels much better after a haircut. Wow Chez you are working on lots of interesting projects,well done on your beautiful work ,stay safe and take care Chez xx

Chookyblue...... said...

I know you will look that amazing when your hairs done.....
Nice projects .....

kiwikid said...

You will feel sensational after a visit to the hairdresser! Lots of wonderful projects happening with you.

Vireya said...

I was just thinking this morning that I hope my hairdresser re-opens sometime soon. I had an appointment scheduled when she decided to shut down back in March. My hair is missing her.

The spools look great!

Karen's Korner said...

Of course fabric and thread are absolute necessities - no question. Any particular project in mind or a just because purchase? Enjoy your trip to the hairdresser.

Maria said...

Bet you enjoyed your visit to the Hairdresser...
Another cute set for the gift box and you've worked on some nice stitiching too.

Lin said...

Your spools look great and I love the mug bag. xx

Jeanna said...

The red dotty bag will make a wonderful gift and I love the spool blocks. Can't wait to see those in a quilt top. Enjoy your weekend.

Karen S said...

That red dotty fabric is super yummy!!! Looks great.
The spool blocks are coming up well. They work really well together.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love your spools, very sweet!

Bethan said...

I hope you have had or do have a nice relaxing trip to the hairdressers! I love your spools. It's lucky you found out you were running out of thread, rather than finding out when you've run out! x