Thursday, September 24, 2020

SoMe FiNisHeS

Julie from Edge to Edge quilting returned my "In The Wild" quilt.
As usual, Julie did a fantastic job using a "leaf" design to compliment the quilt.
After attaching the purple binding... this PLaY RuG it now FiNiSHeD. 
I've added it to my completed WOOFA challenge list too.
You can see more pics & read details... over HeRe.

I found some baby pink elephant fabric in my scrap bucket... cut it into 8.5inch squares & the left over pieces into 6.5inch squares.
Added 1.5 inch off cuts of dotty fabric to frame those smaller blocks. 
After stitching them all together... backing it... FM quilting it...
I have another PICU (Paediatric Intensive Care Unit) cot quilt ready for delivery.

This 24in x 34in quilt is a much prettier colour than it appears in this pic...😕

I also made another pencil case... for a granddaughter this time...
This one has 3 horizontal pencils... & a boxed base...
It's made completely from SCRaPs... even the zipper was previously used.

Linking to: 
TGIFF...     at https://www.quiltedblooms.com/2020/09/TGIFF-MQG-Modern-Classic-Quilt.html

* * * * *

9 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Look at you go! Your In the Wild play mat is so adorable and another charity quilt in a snap. Love the side view of the pencil pouch....all lovely work.

Fiona said...

I love your in the wild quilt... what fun... you are so clever at making those little quilts into creative designs.... gorgeous pencil caase.... love them...
Hugz

Lin said...

Two lovely quilt finishes and another fun pencil case. xx

Karen S said...

Your play rug looks wonderful. It is a gorgeous finish.
And well done completing another lovely donation quilt. It is so sweet.
Have you started a production line in pencil cases. Love this one in pink too.

Maria said...

Julie did a fab job quilt In the Wild and a sweet PICU quilt made the scraps.
A cute girly pencil case perfect for your GD.

Paige said...

The animals are adorable amongst the leaves! How clever to create a piano key border with striped fabrics! Thank you for linking to TGIFF!

dq said...

This post is inspiring me to want to make quilts for the children at our state's pediatric hospital. It would be a way to give back for them saving our little man's life and taking care of hi. These long 2 months.

In the wind is a beautiful finish as is the pencil case. The pencils on it are so cute.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your Wild quilt is a lovely finish Cheryll. A sweet little quilt from your pink elephants too. LOVE the pencil case x

Janice said...

Great finishes Cheryll. I wish I had a pencil case like that when I was at school. I did make my own in high school, but it was just black with a bright yellow zip. Your quilts have turned out well. The baby elephant fabric is so cute.