Saturday, March 20, 2021

LoTs STiTcHeD

I'm really happy with the amount of progress I made at the retreat.
It's always a FuN time with these ladies, seeing their work & swapping ideas.
These are only a FeW pics of progress on their projects...
There were lots of finishes too but ALAS... no pics  😭  ooppss...

I took a few projects to mix up my sewing AnD I completed my March WOOFA.
It's called a Stunning Stable Bag (details here) & will be part of a Xmas gift.
Inside is very open AnD roomy for projects with a lovely FuN print for the lining.
I chose NoT to include any inside pockets as they would just get in the way...

I also worked on another charity quilt... called Black Diamonds...
It's another 20inch block using the quilt-as-you-go method...
I'll show more of this & the other projects I worked on later...

<> <> <> <> <>

At FNSI hosted last night by Wendy from over HeRe... 
I traced, fused & then stitched more BoYs ToYs blocks.

After that, I thought... "what should I do with some GREEN scraps this week" 
🗬👩... I know...  make a ReD DooR GREEN house.
This scrappy 12in HOUSE has IVY growing all over & lush green grass out front.
This is BLoCK   of 20 (+5 trees)...

and now I'm off to see what other FNSI-ers got up to last night.

Linking to: RSC2021
                 : Oh Scrap
                 : FNSI
                 : 1XiAM

18 comments:

Susan said...

Some great work done at retreat - the bag looks very roomy.
Those boys blocks will make a fun quilt.

Fiona said...

you are all working so hard there... I love seeing what you all get to make... so much inspiration.....
Hugz

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

You got lots going on. I'm glad you had fun at your retreat with some sewing... and lots of chatting.

Vireya said...

Looks like a fun and productive time at the retreat.

Karen S said...

What a busy lot you are!
Your stable bag looks wonderful. I really like the way they can open so wide to make it easy to use, but when they close everything inside is very secure.
Great work on your boys toys blocks too. Such a fun bow's quilt.

Susan said...

Love all your projects esp the bag!!!

ButterZ said...

Love the bag. My friend has one similar and uses it for her bedding when we go on retreat.

Lin said...

That bag looks great! Glad you had a good time at retreat - and on Friday night. xx

Maria said...

Lots of work done at retreat....
Fantastic Bag and some fabulous boys blocks too.

Karen's Korner said...

A very productive time away. Love the bag...very roomy and stylish.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Bits of GREEN throughout the post, but just LOOK at that bag!!! :o))

kiwikid said...

Wonderful you went on retreat, lots of beautiful projects. The bag is fantastic.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Such nice projects at the retreat and FNSI.

Jenny said...

Retreats always seem such fun!
Love the boys bocks you are making, this will be such a fun quilt.

Chookyblue...... said...

you have got heaps done....congrats........hope your not washed away..........

Susie H said...

Love the Boy's Toys blocks. My Grandson would love it too. I've got a similar pattern that I want to make called I Like Dirt. What are you using for fusible?

Vicki said...

That boys toys quilt is going to loom amazing. Love the bag too, looks a very useful sort of bag.

Christine M said...

You have been busy Chez. Aren't retreats just great for getting lots done! Hopefully our guild's retreat will go ahead this year.