Thursday, May 20, 2021

PlaYinG with FaBRiC

1. I started by choosing 5 scrap fabrics & cutting them into 5 1/2 inch squares... 
2. Pieced them together in a 9 patch...(4 fabric repeats)
3. Pressed & then cut them into 4 blocks...
4. Turned 2 blocks (#2 & #3)...
5. Sewed them back together again...
6. Pressed again & started over with the NeXT 9 pieces...
Please note:
I only made 2 cuts but a double OR triangular disappearing 9 patch are variations.
You can also arrange the 4 cut pieces into various designs... have some FuN...
but as my "blue/purple flowers" were directional I kept them in the corners in 
#1 & #4 positions as those blocks DO NOT get cut & I chose NOT to move them.
As I was HaPPy with my layout, I made 15 (+5 x 1/2 blocks) finishing at 141/2 inch.

All blocks have now been sewn into approx 50inch x 70inch  pretty  flimsy... 
so I'll sandwich it ASAP... & then get onto the quilting.
Fingers crossed 🤞 as another FiNiSH is looming...

Linking to: OH SCRAP
<> <> <> <> <>

8 comments:

Fiona said...

It is such a useful block and so pretty with your colour choices...
Hugz

Karen's Korner said...

Love those disappearing 9 patch blocks.

Susie H said...

Beautiful block. I like how you planned the purple floral fabric to always be in the #1 and #4 positions so as to keep them upright. Great planning!

chrisknits said...

I love disappearing 9 patches! Yours is so pretty.

Maria said...

The disappearing nine patch is a great block and your fabric chooses look great.

Jeanette said...

Lovely blocks. Love the fabrics you have used. Hugs, xx

Helen said...

Great block the colours look wonderful together,

ButterZ said...

Disappearing 9 patch makes for a great quilt pattern design.