Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Despite PRoCRaSTinaTing...

For MonTHs... I finally put my head down & my tail up on Thursday & Friday to... 
💒  JUST GET IT DONE  👍❕

One of my sewing groups was gifted 11 panels... so 11 of us took one home.
Our aim was to donate 11 DiFFeRenT quilts to charity...
This one is my contribution...

The panel... post trimming to 24" x 40"... & framed with a 2" pretty lilac fabric...

I added 12 "chop stick" blocks using a  pink  accent on black background...
👈
Because I sat on this one for soooo long... I was slightly short of the black background fabric & more was unavailable. I literally pieced every last scrap of it to finish surrounding the panel.
I had to add a slither of PiNK down 1 edge of 1 block to make it long enough.
PHeW... cut this one CLOSE...

Then it was sandwiched & made ready for quilting...
I used a combination of FMQ & straight lines.

and by late Friday night... I was cheering... YiPPeeee...
as I had a fully completed charity quilt...
<> <> <> <> <>
Then over the weekend...  
I worked on the  Harvest  wall hanging...
... totally finishing the fusing... & then blanket stitching the pieces...

And talking more about cutting things close... AGAIN...
Just look at how much bobbin I finished with...
<> <> <> <> <>

I finished off the FeLT Needle Case... shown at FNSI...
This is a pretty PiNK & PuRPLe one...
AnD
I completely forgot... Ooopps... to show the last one I finished in  May ...
Both are for the Guilds Xmas stall... so I'll add the two of them to 1XiAM.
It is a Wendy Williams pattern... 
but I changed the embroidery pieces from the original shown in her book.

Linked to: 1xiam.

11 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Nice work on the panel. The chopstick blocks certainly finish it off. Looking forward to seeing more of the harvest wallhanging.

Michelle Ridgway said...

You thrill seeker you lol! The panel has made a beautiful quilt well done!

Fiona said...

I just love love love the way you finished off the panel... you made it so striking... and such lovely little needlecases too.... the blanket stitching is looking good...
Hugz

Lin said...

What a gorgeous quilt that panel has made - beautiful. The needlecases are lovely too. xx

Susan said...

Love the border on the Japanese panel - very clever idea....Lucky with the bobbin thread too.

Very cute needlecases - they will be popular.

ButterZ said...

I do love the chopstick blocks for your border. They look great.

Susie H said...

Those Chop Sticks blocks really set off the panel. Great job, Cheryl!! Hip! Hip! Hooray!

Maria said...

You worked wonders with the panel and the chop stitch blocks were perfect for the border.
Lovely finish with the needle case too.

kiwikid said...

You have made a beautiful quilt from the panel. You sure have been cutting things fine! Needle cases are very pretty too.

Chookyblue...... said...

wow you did great with this quilt.........will be interesting to see what others do to finish theirs.......
the needle cases look good too........

Karen S said...

That is a great finish with the panel quilt. I am never sure how to use panels and this is a great idea. Glad you made it with all the bits and pieces.
The needle cases are a great finish too. Just love working with wool.