Friday, July 9, 2021

LoTs of SeWinG

I'm HoMe... 🏡
.
I finished the last of the BoYs ToYS blocks... 6 in fact...
A Tow Truck...  a HELP sign...  a Sailing Boat...  

A  4x4 Off Roader...  a Rocket Ship...  AND... a dump truck.
THeN - 
all these blocks & all remaining rows were sewn together... 
... then the binding was sewn on & before I knew it...
tah dah...
My first finish in JuLy...
This is my own design too... so I'm VeRY HaPPy...
<> <> <> <> <>

Last weekend I sandwiched 2 charity quilts... so they became my next 2 tasks.
Simple... Quick... but effective... straight line quilting on both.
Bindings & labels added... so then I had my next 2 finishes for the month.
All fabric was donated... & even the backing was left over from a past project.
This quilt was made using the 2 cut Disappearing 9 Patch block.
* * * * *

Again I used donated fabric but the backing this time... LoVe this tie dye look... & the front a cheat sheet I've stored for ages.
After adding the borders for length, I added a few scrap applique hexies.
<> <> <> <> <>

After purchasing suitable fabric, I added 2 borders to the Harvest Wall Hanger.
Now it's onto the quilting...
<> <> <> <> <>

I also tackled another charity quilt. 
Using donated scraps once again, I cut up l-o-t-s of different sized pieces.
This one is for a male recipient & made in ALL blues & to a size of 60in x 75in.
20 blocks needed... so with 16 made I only have 4 to go... woo hoo

Linked to: oh scrap   : RSC2021   : TGIFF

<> <> <> <> <>

13 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Congratulations on designing, sewing and finishing Boys Toys. Job well done. Well done on your other finishes as well. Looking forward to seeing the harvest wallhanging.

Vireya said...

You are a clever lady. Boys Toys looks great!

Congrats on all the other finishes and projects as well.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Lots of beautiful finishes this week. You've been a busy lady!

ButterZ said...

That was. A great catch up post. Like the idea of the transport blocks being different sizes and the joining lines don’t have to line up.

Maria said...

The BoYs ToYs quilt is fantastic and a little fella will love it..
Great work on the community quilts….
Bet you’ve completed those blocks by now for the blokes quilt!

dq said...

Boys Toys made me smile more than any post online today!!! I might have to have me one of these cute quilts!

Lin said...

What aroll you are on! Love the finish on Boys Toys - brilliant. The two charity quilts are gorgeous too. xx

Fiona said...

Oh my goodness ..... thats a heap done and gorgeous too... well done on your wonderful design and that quilt is just such fun.... you come up with great ideas for your donated fabrics
Hugz

Karen S said...

Your quilt, Boys Toys is amazing. What a wonderful design. Loving all the blocks.
And well done with your finishes for the donation quilts too. That is a wonderful effort.

Janice said...

It sounds like you have done nothing other than stitch. You have achieved so much. I do love the way Boys Toys has turned out. You must be so proud to have designed it. The charity quilts look goods and will be much appreciated.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty finishes! I love the Toys quilt!

Susie H said...

Boys Toys is SOOOOOOO adorable! Great job sewing but even better that it is your own design!!

chrisknits said...

Oh my! that quilt is just adorable!!! Great job on your design. And love the sweet Charity quilts. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!!