Wednesday, February 9, 2022

S.N.O.W. Day... "Project 2"

Today I'm showing the Crazier Eights templates by Creative Grids.
You saw me show some of the blocks in 2021... BuT yeaahhh...
the quilt has now been finished & I'm very HaPPy with how it turned out.

I've used these templates once before but as a scrap buster with different colours and fabrics in all five pieces. This method of using all different fabrics in individual blocks makes a great 8 inch scrappy border too. Now I didn't make this idea/layout up BuT I did discover it by accident. Of course since then, I have seen the designer demonstrate how she uses these templates in various ways.😏

For my Crazier Star Quilt...
Here's a pic of the templates & the specific way I used them this time...

Because I used the same colour in 4 blocks while using template A... 
I simply joined these 4 together to make a large 16inch "star" block. 

chose a different colour and again used template A to make more "stars". 
The process was repeated until I had 12 large "star" blocks.

And here is the FiNiSHeD quilt...

This scrap charity quilt measures 48 inch x 64 inch but you could easily add more "stars"... or perhaps add a border or two to make to your required size. 
It's a great scrap buster too. You get to use those odd slightly larger offcuts.
It's very simple & quick AND I found it thoroughly EnJoYaBLe too...
If you have a set of these templates & haven't used them this way... give it a try.
Linked to: OH SCRAP...
             : TGIFF
<> <> <> <> <>

14 comments:

dq said...

OH wow! Very very very nice!!

Jeanna said...

I've tried Marti Michell templates in the past but didn't have much success with them. You, on the other hand, have rocked this Creative Grids set! That quilt is magnificent, love the colors.

loulee said...

Those splashes of colour really POP amid the black and whites.
Did you do it quilt as you go?

Fiona said...

Looks really effective.... lovely use of the templates
Hugz

Vireya said...

I loved your crazy stars when I first saw them. They are a clever use of the template. The finished quilt looks great!

Janice said...

Very effective, and I love that it suits QAYG as well.

Rajani Rehana said...

So beautiful

Chookyblue...... said...

I do love that block..... Lovely quilt

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW cute!! LOVE the mix of colors with the black and white prints!

Karen S said...

There must be so many variations with the templates we use. Great to see how these ones work. Your star quilt is wonderful.

Sharon Kwilter said...

That is a neat way to use that template set. It never occurred to me to use them like that so I might think about buying one now. Thanks for sharing.

Jenny said...

Love the colours in this one

marina said...

stunning Quilt!

Susie H said...

What a great quilt! Love the various colored stars with the B&W backgrounds. Great job!