Monday, March 14, 2022

LasT WeeK

Started with the Newcastle Regional Show
After helping to set up & accepting entries over several days...
Hubby & I spent a few weekend hours walking around & enjoying the sights...

Enjoying the traditional "junk" food...

AnD enjoying ALL of the Handicraft sections... but especially the quilt area...

I entered my own design called "Harvest" (a wall hanging I made for my SIL) in a Makers section which included Wall Hangings. I was thoroughly surprised to be awarded a BLUE ribbon... yes a 1st place... sooooo very exciting.
*****
Then I was off to Craft Alive... 
Setting up first... then on Thursday I helped our Guild sell raffle tickets & handmade items. Our raffle quilt was on show too... & lots of people bought the lucky "winning" ticket...😉
Some of our Community quilts were on display too...
*****
Now I'm off to Wyee for our retreat. 
Many of my weeks remaining hours were spent on preparing projects.
My car is now packed with sewing, food & wine 
& I'm ready to drive away. 
                         See you on Friday night for
                          FNSI over at Wendy's place.

9 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Congratulations on your blue ribbon...well deserved. You have been a busy bee with the various shows.....enjoy the retreat.

Maria said...

Congratulations on winning first prize ….beautiful Harvest Wallhanging.
Looks like a fun filled busy weekend and lots of lovely quilts to see.
Have a great retreats.

Jeanna said...

Congratulations on the blue ribbon, you deserve it! Enjoy your retreat. Safe travels.

Rajani Rehana said...

So beautiful post

Fiona said...

You have been very busy... good on you for helping out at the events and wonderful with your beautiful quilt..... congrats.... Have a wonderful time at retreat... may not be restful but a lot of fun...

Hugz

Karen S said...

It is lovely to see the shows going ahead again. And congrats on the blue ribbon. Very exciting!

Christine M said...

Congratulations on your first prize. Now you know scones aren't junk food don't you Chez? They are healthy as you have fruit and dairy! LOL!

Helen said...

Congratulations, love your quilt. Looks like a great show.... there is nothing like show junk food, lots of fun....enjoy your retreat.

Janice said...

Gosh, you have been busy. Isn’t it so good to have these events happening again. Congratulations on your ribbon. Well deserved, as it is a stunning piece. Enjoy your retreat. I look forward to seeing what you work on.