Wednesday, March 23, 2022

S.N.O.W... "Project 3"...

I've had this pattern for a few years & then last year I made the "change mat" component for my NeW GD. I didn't get around to making the "bag" so this month I tackled it. The NeW thing for me was stitching MESH
 
TIP: I read that it is easier to stitch with the mesh on top of the fabric & to oversize it. I trimmed the pocket mesh once sewn in place. Easy Peasy... 😁
I didn't buy the mesh by yardage, I bought a dollar store wash bag & cut it up. 
Worked perfectly... AnD... I got a free zipper... ✅

FYI: The pattern is by Annie.com & is called Changing Station.
I think if I made this again... I would use vinyl in place of the mesh. 
I feel vinyl would last longer, while still being able to see into the pocket...😏💭

<> <> <> <> <>

9 comments:

Jeanette said...

The bag looks great. I'd think vinyl would be a better idea rather than mesh too. Hugs, xx

Fiona said...

It looks great, well done and will be so useful
Hugz

Vireya said...

It looks great! Buying a ready-made wash bag for the mesh is a super smart idea.

Jenny said...

Nice handy project. I'll remember the mesh trick

Maria said...

Great finish and I’m sure your DD will like it.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Clever you with the dollar bag to utilise. It looks fantastic and I love the colour x

Janice said...

A very professional finish! It looks like quite a detailed project. Go you!

Chookyblue...... said...

very cool........

kiwikid said...

Looks wonderful! So many pockets and zips and things!