Saturday, October 22, 2022

AT the ReTReaT

 I managed to get LoTS of projects worked on 
& a few almost completed...🧵✂✅
.
I took home some "crazy blocks" that were donated to our guild. 
I had to finish off a few... but as there wasn't enough to make a flimsy... 
I made 2 extra blocks... not the same BuT close enough... & 6 coordinating blocks...
These are the donated unfinished blocks...
And the ones I made...
I think I'll change 2 center blocks to form a "star"...
There may be 2 borders added to take it to size...OR... it'll stay a small LaP quilt.
All the blocks will be sewn together at one of our "meetings" as a joint project.
<> <> <>

* Another 9 blocks were donated but again I needed additional blocks.
Those 6 blocks are now finished & waiting for another guild "sewing day".
<> <> <>

*
 All my remaining "CaT" blocks were sewn & 
then the rows were stitched together to form a flimsy... 
I think I'll add a border but that's for another day.
<> <> <>

* I blanket stitched around the raw edge applique of the center piece of another charity quilt. The heart borders were also added along with a start on the outside borders.
<> <> <>

* And borders were added to some blocks that I started ages ago.
The pattern is called "Jungle Path" & it will be another charity quilt.
I needed "green" to finish 4 blocks BuT unfortunately I left that fabric at home 😕
<> <> <>

And I needed to post a pic of my "Challenge" piece called...
Seasonal Changes...

<> <> <> <> <>

7 comments:

Susan said...

Wow - you got a lot done - how long were you away for?

I love your seasonal change quilt - so clever

Also very clever with the black & red quilt blocks

going to look up jungle path - a great scrap idea.

Karen S said...

That sure is a lot of work.
It is tricky to take on someone else's blocks but you have managed some great matches.
Your cat quilt is looking wonderful.

Janice said...

You certainly achieved a lot - and such a variety.

Sharon Kwilter said...

That's a lot of charity quilts. Good for you for making such wonderful gifts to give away.

loulee said...

You had a busy time of it. Love your seasonal changes quilt.

Maria said...

A very productive retreat.You worked on many different projects…
Love your RCS cats…

dq said...

Wow! I love them all!!
The black and red crazy quilt - stunner! Also the one with all the squares and bright colors makes me happy. Cute little tree too!