Saturday, April 15, 2023

FiNiSHes...

 Using a panel & backing that I've had for years, I put together a small baby quilt. This is off to a new home as part of our Guild's Community Quilts project.

A member of my Guild donated this "top" so I added "flowers" to jazz it up.
I appliquéd them using raw edge sewing BuT that's NoT my preferred method.
After some simple meander quilting, it's now ready for the Community Quilt pile.

 at FNwF...
Last night I put together my PuRPLe block for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
You can visit Angela at RSC2023... over HeRe.
Using the X Block ruler is a FuN & easy way to achieve this "different" look.

I also worked on a block in a baby quilt that's been neglected for ages...
A few appliqué tumbling blocks were added.

I hope you all enjoyed our night of sewing together.
I'm sure a few friends will be over on the weekend to see what you accomplished...
<> <> <> <> <>

9 comments:

Michell said...

A good night. The flowers have definitely jazzed up the quilt.

Lin said...

The flowers on the quilt are gorgeous - really lovely finish. xx

Maria said...

Two lovely quilts ready to put a smile on their faces.
A nice RSC block to add to your others.
Good to work on the cute baby quilt.

Fiona said...

You made great progress there Shez, love the quilts...
Hugz

Sharm said...

Well FNWF certainly helped me both Fri and Sat to move along with some projects so thanks for continuing to host this, even though it's been quite a while since I last participated!
I agree the flowers definately add to that quilt and you made some great progress yourself!

Karen's Korner said...

Nice work there on all projects.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Chez well done on finishing your quilts they are beautiful especially the pretty flower one,your blocks look great ,your work is always lovely Chez,hope you have a lovely day my friend 🌹🤍🌹

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

These are great! How so you get so much done? I am like a slug! LOL! The Community Quilt project is adorable and your flower quilt is so pretty. You are amazing!

Karen S said...

Great finishes with the two quilts. Well done with the addition of flowers.
Lovely work on the blocks, too.