Saturday, August 21, 2010

Friday Night Sew In

This is SUCH a GOOD idea !!!  It gives you the perfect excuse to slip away. Why didn't I find this group ages ago....just think of what I could have achieved..... THANKS "Handmade by Heidi"  
I'm already looking forward to the next one!


I had the task to pick bright & funky "girly" colours for this project as it's a gift from my daughter to her friend.


I then placed the pieces on my work area and organised them.....
until I was happy.....
Yep.. this works for me!




Then I started to sew!



And here it is after my
"Friday Night
     Sew In" !!!

Katinka's Bling
Not quite finished....but well on its way.
Katinka will be able to hang all her ear bling together.

5 comments:

Maria said...

Yes FNSI's are such fun. I have been in them since the start last year. Have you joined Flickr??? Go have a look.
Wow I love it. What a great idea. What are the white bits that you use to attach the ear rings???

crafty pug said...

a fantastic idea, and so bright and fun! glad you have joined the fsni too

Heidi said...

It's adorable!! What a great idea. What did you use to attach the earings?

I really love the colors - so bright and girly.

Cheryll said...

The white tabs you see in the pic are small loops of ribbon. You can hang 2 larger styles or 4 smaller types of earrings in each square. They have to be the hook style not studs. Anyway that's the plan...will let you know if it works.
:)

Lynda said...

What a great idea for ear bling. I may have to make one for my daughter too. I especially love the Koala bear in the tree...I would love to look out my window and see that! My daughters and I also started taking Mother/Daughter vacations. It is hard to get us all (3 daughters and myself) off work at the same time or able to leave children etc. but we do have lots of fun.