Tuesday, August 24, 2010

To Cut or Not to Cut

Or better still.....WILL THEY CUT ?
I needed to dispose of a pair of my scissors so after a few last words to an old friend...out they went!
They were blunt & wouldn't cut paper anymore....so sad....but "move on" I said. So I went out to buy new scissors. All I needed was a pair to cut paper....well that's easier said than done....how many different types are there!!! The answer....LOTS..... but as I am right handed that was one decision eliminated easily, but there were still 6 pairs to choose from. "I just want to cut paper" I told the salesperson. He said "Well.. try them on for size" so I did and  found that some were comfortable and some were not. Crazy eh? But in the end I did select a pair and I'm happy.
New scissors - 3rd on left.
But it got me thinking and I remember reading this somewhere "a good pair of scissors is a pleasure to use. A bad pair is miserable and ineffective".....how true.!

So how many pairs of scissors do you own ? 
Here is a pic of my collection....and my family knows not to touch them. My words "Put the scissors down and back away slowly" resound in their ears....haha
:)

2 comments:

Maria said...

Gee of hand I can count 12 and I can never find a pair when I want one. No one takes them I misplace them. LOL

Lynda said...

I caught my grandson trying to cut a pen in half....with the good scissors! Now why would he do that..don't know. He certainly hasn't tried to even come near them since that day. Something about "ballistic!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...