Saturday, October 16, 2010

FNSI in OcToBeR

I've decided to make FNSI my BOL project night and I managed to get two "all but" finished.
Phew... made my target tonite!
I picked out the material, cut it, started stitching, then before I knew it,the top was ready for quilting.

I stitched in the ditch with this one and added a featured stitch on the border. I am HaPpY with it .. so now I just have to hand sew the binding in place today. Should get it done!! One down...

Then I cut out another 16 blocks.. sweet hearts & flowers on this fabric... stitched it up, pinned it ready to quilt. On this one I quilted an inner border on each of the yellow blocks.. and it looks great. I'm very HaPpY with this one. Pretty colours although these pic's don't do it justice. Now I just have to stitch over the binding by hand and No 2 will be finished.
***
 I also pinned another BOL quilt top that I had ready to go.. so I am ahead on my quota. I had a FaBuLoUs night on this FNSI. Hope you all did too!


Teddy Bears are ALwAyS cute !

Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Sue B said...

Looks like you had a very productive evening, and such gorgeous fabrics too. Well done

Bev C said...

Oh I spyed some lovely owl fabric that is uper cute. Good luck with finishing the binding. I love sewing on binding,you know you are nearly finished then.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Michelle said...

Well done Cheryll - you got loads done and the quilt tops are adorable. Well on target for your BOL :0)

Joanne said...

WOW! You accomplished a lot! All looks beautiful!

Lynda said...

Whew! You were very busy and accomplished so much. Yes, bears are always cute.

Logopaedchen/Kirsten said...

Hey you were very productive...almost three new quilts...and sewing on the binding will be done in no time...

joyce said...

Hi Cheryll! Cute quilts. I love your family of pincushions also!! Just wanted to let you know I finally made it to the post office today and the 2 BOL quilts are on their way. Yay! Hope you are enjoying the weekend!

Brigitte said...

You must have sewn a mile a minute. I love the fabric.
www.quiltsampler.blogspot.com

Melody said...

Great work.

Stray Stitches said...

You should be proud! That was a lot to accomplish in one night!!

Robyns Home in the Mountains said...

Beautiful quilts Cheryll, and what a wonderful cause.I read a little about where and why you are making them a what a wonderful person you are to contribute to them...Could you please email me at robyns_small_world@yahoo.com as I cant email you..Ta

crafty pug said...

well done!! you are uber productive!
xx

Amo said...

I didn't even have a chance to pick up a needle this FNSI, everyone descended on our place! Looks like you did more than enough though. Great stuff. :-)

Khris said...

Love that owl fabric...Khris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...