Friday, October 15, 2010

What Can Happen When You're Not Looking!

The rain started to come down so I went upstairs today just to decide what to do for FNSI. I decided to work on two "Blankets of Love" each month so that I can donate at least 24 per year to our hospital. The nurse said they require approx 30 per year so I figure I would be well on target.
So yes .. hooray...I have a PLaN for tonights FNSI!
But... in the meantime I have been wanting to replace something I've had for over 20years, so this was just the day for it!
I choose a nice lime green (cause its GrEeN friday) and yellow fabric... a couple of buttons...


 
and a few minutes later........abracadabra !!!


Meet Mr Pinny.
 Then I had lunch and what do you think happened ???
Pinny found a MaTe !
Meet Mrs Pinny.
So after organising some fabric for tonight I went downstairs to make a cup of coffee with hubby.
Of course being a GrEeN person I turned off the lights in my cubbyhole.
WeLL... after only a short time...
Can you guess???
Yep...a new addition to the pinny family....
Baby Pinny

Haven't decided on the name yet...?
 Today was  a FuN day....tonight will be just as good.
Why not sign up for "Friday Night Sew In" here.

12 comments:

Toni said...

These are really cute, I really need to make some myself lol

Unknown said...

I love these, and what fabulous gifts for girls at work etc at Christmas time. You have inspired me to make some tonight along with Mrs Perkins and my hot choclate and marshmallows :-)

Melody said...

These are so cute. Tonight is my first FNSI and I'm getting ready now. Hope you have Fun.

QuiltSue said...

Pinnetta?

Cheryl said...

Love the pincushions! And thanks for the reminder about FNSI.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Love the post. Your pincushions are great!

Lynda said...

We are having a quilting retreat next month and those pinneys look perfect to give as a gift to everyone that comes. I guess I'd better get busy.

Brigitte said...

That's amazing. What are you feeding your fabrics?
www.quiltsampler.blogspot.com

Narelle said...

Awwww...very cute!

dianne said...

my flamingo slippers did the same thing about a year ago ... there are some things that you need to leave on opposite sides of the room - bwah ha ha!

your scissor fob is suh-weet!

Bev C said...

Well done Cheryll, you had such a productive day. Please send of that rain over here.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Anonymous said...

These are so cute and a great gift idea :0)