Sunday, October 24, 2010

An Odd Bod

I saw a pic of a beautiful doorstop on my quilting friend Maria's blog some time ago now. I was really taken by it and want to make it someday so Maria was kind enough to give me the measurements. However in the meantime I needed a bookend (but didn't want the run of the mill type) so I decided to make one and I thought of Maria's stop.
So instead of a doorstop I have a bookstop.
It's made using leftover strips and I didn't even try to match seams or anything, I just made it smaller.
I'm really HaPpY with it and it works great too.


Thanks Maria !!

11 comments:

CathyC said...

I love this idea - what did you use for the 'weight'?

Anonymous said...

Very clever and pretty!
Nice tidy shelves too.

Tarnyia said...

What an absolutely great idea... I saw these in the Fremantle Markets a couple of years ago and nearly fell over with the price of them and thought no way would I pay that... I will make some but never have... maybe you could do a little tutorial for us all???? xxxx

Caren Kristine said...

That is so cute. What did you stuff it with?

Maria said...

WOW!!! Cheryll I just love your bookend. Great idea.

Lynda said...

What a cute idea!

Cheryll said...

I used 1/3 sand inside a bag (so it's not too heavy) and then I stuffed the top with leftover poly.It's still heavy enough and does the job just fine!
:)

Unknown said...

Hi Cheryll...Thanks for stopping by my Blog & becoming a follower..Your Bookstop is lovely..I have a house full of them too as Doorstops...I put Rice in the bottom of mine...seems to work too..
cheers

Kirsten said...

What a cool idea!!

Unknown said...

I made one too, the same idea as Cheryll sand at the bottom and then polly filler, I got carried away and mines a bit big so I plan to make some smaller ones, great to use of left over binding strip bits.

Gina said...

It's great


Love and hugs GIna xxx