Tuesday, September 4, 2018

SoMeTHinG NeW

that I've been wanting to make for ages & ages.
A sewing machine MaT... specially for taking to retreats.
I have a sew together bag... a pin cushion... & now a MaT... all in the same colourways & some same fabrics.
If I keep them all together with the tools inside then I wont forget anything while packing to go on retreat. Well ... that's the plan anyways...
Lots of pockets in the apron... small and double size... and a measure tape.
And just lOOk at the gorgeous backing fabric I had in my stash... PeRFecT...
The MaT is my own design and measures 24in wide and 18in deep... including the 5in apron.

I've added this make to my BMP challenge list for September.
* * * * *

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning my friend,you are so clever what a lovely sewing mat ,you will be able to use it soon,can't wait to catch up with you again,hope you have an awesome week,I am full up with the flu and my back went on me yesterday ,buggar,I have been sitting too much and not enough walking, time to work on my health .xx

Maria said...

Such fabulous fabric for your sewing machine mat... you'll really find it useful. I've had mine for many years and have also make the set as gifts...

Michelle Ridgway said...

Thats just great. Perfect backing fabric you had in your stash x

Karen S said...

Great idea. I love that you have matched the fabrics for a full set.

Bethan said...

Such a great mat, and you are right that you have the perfect backing fabric for it! x