Monday, February 3, 2020

It's MoNDaY

so that means it's time to show our scrap projects.
I've made more STRinG blocks... in fact I've made 21 (of 24) so far.
I even made some of the batting squares from scraps too.
It's really easy to join batting & you cannot tell once it's quilted... so don't throw away those pieces off cut from other projects... just zig zag them together.


AnD... I resurrected my "SPooLs" quilt again by preparing a few blocks for it too.
This is another quilt on my WOOFA list.
Funnily enough... one "spool" was an ORANGE one...


FoR RSC 2020... 
It's a new colour in a new month... & So Scrappy is featuring the colour ORANGE .
so a couple of Chain Link blocks were added to the collection.


Linking to:
Oh Scrap  @ quilting is more fun than housework.
RSC2020  @ so scrappy
WOOFA Challenge... HeRe.. or... HeRe


* * * * *

13 comments:

Fiona said...

Those are lovely scrap projects.... is it making a difference to the scrap pile???
Hugz

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I really like that chain block. That is going to be a great RSC quilt. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Karen's Korner said...

Oh I do love that chain block.

Maria said...

Lots of great blocks there ... I always sew my wadding bits together . It's surprising what you can use them for...
Love the Chain block...

ButterZ said...

Great sewing. Orange is a happy colour...

Karen S said...

Great progress with all your scrap blocks. And the orange is stunning.

Janice said...

Love those orange blocks. I've joined wadding too. There always seems to be odd sizes left over. Have fun with your strings.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on getting a jump start on your ORANGE blocks for the RSC!! Thanks for sharing process pictures of those Chain Link blocks. I never would have figured out how those were pieced! (I'm quite directionally challenged.)

Preeti said...

Those orange blocks are so yummy and juicy. I am saving that idea for a future quilt.

Raewyn said...

Your chain blocks are going to be so effective when all joined up. I'm pleased I'm not the only one who saves all those odd sized scraps of batting!

kiwikid said...

Lots of wonderful blocks there, love the chain blocks, they look great.

Linda said...

Love your string blocks, they are so much fun. The chain link blocks are fantastic!

Jenny said...

Love those chain link blocks. Thank you so much for showing the pics of how to put it together. Quite simple when you know how, isnt it. Im going to give it a try, and perhaps file this idea away till next year's RSC