Sunday, March 8, 2020

At FNwF...

I managed to cut & then sew both borders on my "BLooM'' quilt.
I already chose the perfect backing fabric to compliment the "flower colours"... so... it's now ready to go off to "Julie the Quilter"... so she can work her magic.

* * * * *
I also made another chain link block for the RSC 2o2o.
This months colour is "TeaL"... & although technically this block is NoT all "TeaL"... two chains would qualify & the other two are perhaps "turquoise"...
but it's all the scraps I owned in this colour group.


How did you go?     Accomplish what you set out to do?
Fingers crossed that you had FuN stitching away with some FRieNDs.
If you would like to see what other "friends" worked on... click HeRe.

Linking to: RSC2o2o... with Angela at So Scrappy.

* * * * *

15 comments:

kiwikid said...

Well done on the Blooms finish, that is a pretty block.

loulee said...

Wow, great progress.
Your RSC block is lovely.

Jewells said...

I'm looking forward to seeing this quilt, as I bought the templates & downloaded all the patterns with great expectations..but...

Maria said...

Be great to see BlooMs when it returns from Julie....
Teal isn't a colour I had a lot of but was pleased there was just enough for my sisters.....

Michelle Ridgway said...

Bloom is such a lovely quilt...well done!

The Joyful Quilter said...

TEAL or turquoise, no matter!! It's ALL good with the RSC, as long as we are USING our fabric scraps.

Fiona said...

well done with the quilt... looks so pretty and so does your block... thanks for hosting us...
Hugz

Narelle said...

Looking forward to seeing your Bloom Quilt blossom ... the teals are so pretty :) xx

Raewyn said...

Well done on getting Bloom to the quilting stage - it's going to be gorgeous! I love your chain blocks! I am having that problem looking at my scraps too - teal - turquoise or what! It's one of those colours that easily becomes another! Thanks again for hosting FNWF

Karen's Korner said...

You have "grown" some pretty blooms. Love the teal blocks.

Susie H said...

Good job on Bloom. Wish I could say the same for mine .... As for your RSC block, looks great. It's funny how some chosen colors are so popular for some and other colors not so much. I've had a hard time with teal also. Oh well, makes me look harder at what I've got and look forward to the next color even that much more!

Pink Rose said...

Beautiful work Chez ,I always love the fabrics you choose,hope your day is a good one my friend xx

Jenny said...

Turquoise, teal, or aqua, all close enough I feel. It's better to use up the bits that you have. It all looks so pretty!

Karen S said...

How exciting to have your Bloom top off to the quilters. And well done keeping up with the colour blocks.
Great result.

Bethan said...

I look forward to seeing Bloom all quilted - and I bet you do too! Different people have different ideas about what teal looks like, so your mix of colours work fine x