Friday, March 6, 2020

Oh ScraP

After finishing all 24 string blocks ✅ ... & adding the joining sashing ✅.
It's really an easy way to join a QAYG quilt... & the binding finished off...✅
I now have another charity quilt to donate made CoMPLeTeLy from scraps...
yes completely... backing (left over)... mostly joined batting... & front (from scraps).
This quilt measures 40in x 60in.


My scrap bucket LoVes me ATM... & as I've developed a FuN & EnJoYabLe addiction...😍... I think I'll do another one, in the not so distant future...

* * * * *

I also found a single piece of fabric suitable for a PICU "cot".
The fabric was left over from a baby quilt from years ago & even the backing off cut was just the correct size. The batting was pieced together from 4 small scraps.
This quilt measures 24 inch x 30 inch & suits a BoY.
Although the S.I.C. said she wanted a few "boys" quilts -
the "giraffe" applique, design & colour ... would suit either gender really.


Linking to
                  : Can I get a Whoop Whoop... @ confessionsofafabricaddict
                  : Oh Scrap... @ quiltingismorefunthanhousework.

* * * * *

10 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Love your finished quilt top and your spotty giraffe is pretty cute.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful finishes.

Susie H said...

Love the idea of QAYG but don't know how. Your scrappy string quilt turned out really good. The Giraffe Quilt is super adorable too. Great job, Cheryll!!!!

retdairyqueen said...

Both look fantastic

ButterZ said...

Great quilts..

Maria said...

Great QAYG quilt you completed and the Giraffe quilt is cute..

Fiona said...

Fabulous scrap quilt and baby quilt too....The applique on a piece of fabric is a great idea...
Hugz

Raewyn said...

I love your QAYG quilt Cheryll... I've been wondering how you do the joining strips - do you hand sew them down or use the machine? Oh and the Giraffe quilt is super cute :-)

Janice said...

Great finishes. And how good that it all came from scraps and stash.

Karen S said...

Two wonderful finishes. It is so good that you can use scraps to make these fantastic designs.