Friday, March 27, 2020

WeeK 1... In the CuBByHoLe

As we are all at home social distancing from "friends"... I plan on being productive... so, this week I worked on several projects...
A Charity quilt...
The scrap blocks were taken to the recent retreat & partially sewn together.
As the flimsy has now been finished... it will go to the guild to be quilted & bound.
This flannel quilt will measure 42in x 63in.


Once Upon A Time...
Some "tramming" was added to a few blocks in my GD's quilt.
Then the top 3 blocks were joined together & I must say I'm very happy so far.


P.I.C.U quilt...
After pinning this cot quilt at FNSI... I quilted & added the binding to finish it off.
This scrappy flannel quilt measures 24in x 30in.


String Blocks...
I used light colours scrap strips & made   of 24 blocks.
This "charity" quilt will probably be more suitable for a female.


A Flimsy...
I cut 16 of  91/2 inch squares in 3 colours from my kids "FaT 1/4" tub.
Easy peasy stitching &... viola... another 36 inch PICU quilt top is ready for sandwiching & quilting. I'll work on finishing this one next week...


I hope you've had a creative "socially distanced" week as well...
<< Stay Safe >>
* * * * *

12 comments:

loulee said...

Sadly I still have to work, but I will be cutting down my hours for a while, so extra time to play.
Your projects are all making great progress.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Lots of great work at your place this week. All of your quilts are so lovely and will no doubt, will be cherished.

Fiona said...

Oh wow, youi are getting heaps of sewing done... love it.... so many gorgeouis projects. Your GD quilt is going to be gorgeous... love the colours etc you have used.

Oh and thanks, I have ordered a pattern for the bag.. waiting for it to arrive and hope I can get supplies before everything shuts - my favourite shop is doing a phone and fetch service at the moment...
Hugz

Maria said...

First flimsy will be a good blocks quilt when done..
Your GDs "Once Upon a Time" blocks look sew pretty..
Sweet cuddly girls quilt, lovely string blocks and great flimsy for PICU quilt too.

Jewells said...

WOW! you certainly have been busy..love, love, love your G's quilt

Lin said...

Lots of lovlies there Cheryll. Stay safe and well. xx

Janice said...

You have been productive. You granddaughter is going to receive an absolutely beautiful quilt.

Vireya said...

You have been busy! Love all your projects, but the fairytale quilt is just gorgeous. What a lucky granddaughter!

Jenny said...

Lots of lovely sewing taking p,ace, especially those gorgeous applique blocks for your granddaughters quilt.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lots of great projects keeping you busy. I bet a little lady is going to love Once Upon a Time xx

Karen S said...

You are zooming along. So much happening.
Love the way the blocks have come together for your GD's quilt. They look great.
At this speed you will run out of fabric before the lock down ends! Haha - only joking!

Bethan said...

Wow you have been very busy this week! Lovely quilts. I love the applique on your GD's quilt - do you use a template or are these your own creations? x