Wednesday, April 22, 2020

WooFa in April

APRiL is chaLLenGe month # 4... & I'm HaPPy to announce...
the  Once Upon a Time  quilt by "Kids Quilts"... has now been finished.
Miss Sophie GD#2... received it for her birthday & loves it as much as I do.

The quilt measures 63 in x 83 in & was made in her favourite colours of PiNKPurPLe and ReD... with a touch of GReeN... She's only 5yo.
The quilting was done by Julie in a gorgeous "BoW" pattern & it looks PeRFecT.
It's only been waiting since 2017 but has now been ✔ off my...

And a BoNuS this month... I finished another challenge item as well... yippee...
The Monica Poole Bag called Park Lane Hand Bag has also been completed.
This bag was originally started late 2012... & this month went from 
THiS...
To ThiS... 
 and it only took me 7 years...
I just don't understand WHY it took me so long to finish this gorgeous bag.
DH cut me a laminate hard base which is a PeRFecT fit inside the base cover.
* * * * *

14 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Good morning Chez wow and double wow what a wonderful inspirational post,I thoroughly enjoyed seeing your beautiful finishes.
Sophie's quilt is adorable Chez and what a beautiful job you have done and boy what a beautiful bag,love it well done my friend on your beautiful stunning finishes xx

Vireya said...

Two beautiful finishes! "Once upon a time" is absolutely gorgeous. What a lucky granddaughter.

Janice said...

I bet Miss Sophie was thrilled with her gift. It certainly is beautiful. I don’t know why you took so long with your bag either. LOL. I think if it was me I would be totally intimidated with it. It was definitely worth finishing. I love the colour combination.

loulee said...

I am sure that quilt will be loved for a very long time, and passed through generations of princesses.
Love your bag. Wow!

Tarnyia said...

Just GORGEOUS xxx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Once Upon a Time is just darling! I can understand why Miss Sophie loves it. Your bag is beautiful too xx

Susie H said...

That quilt would please any princess! I love the bag. The fabric you used is right up my alley and the bag itself with all those pockets? Swoon!

Maria said...

Just the most perfect Quilt for Miss Sophie...
Also such a fantastic bag you finally finished....

Fiona said...

The quilt is gorgeous and perfect for a little girl.... just lovely... And I love the bag too... gorgeous finishes...
Hugz

Karen's Korner said...

The quilt is gorgeous. I can see why Miss Sophie loves it. Your bag is very professional looking. Congratulations on 2 lovely finishes.

Quilter Kathy said...

That quilt is an amazing accomplishment... congrats!

Raewyn said...

Beautiful quilt Cheryll - so pleased to hear that Sophie loves it already. The bag is amazing too! Congratulations for the gorgeous finishes - no matter how long they took to get there!!

Karen S said...

Your quilt is wonderful. That is such a gorgeous gift for a little girl.
It is a real treasure.
And great finish also with the bag.It looks a bit tricky to me, but you have nailed it.

CathyC said...

Gorgeous bag :)