Friday, May 29, 2020

WeeK 10... A LiTTLe more FreeDoM...

 OMG... where has the month of MAY gone ??? 

This week I added another block to my Christmas Tree Skirt ...eer named 
 Cupid ...  #4 of 12.
I also prepared another block... so now I just need to sit & embroider it.

The pattern is from Fig 'n' Berry Creations & is called Santas Tree Skirt.
The original design was made using felt but I'm using fabric.
* * * * *

I also constructed a little bag.
I originally made a MuG & RuG Carry Bag... HeRe... & HeRe...
& this week I made one in some cute "tea bag" fabric but without the embroidery.
I already had a "mug" that would fit perfectly inside but decided the mug needed a RuG to match. Once that was completed the set went into the gift box.

If you would like to make one for yourself ... OR... to use as a gift -
I have the FREE instructions ...with 3 embroidery variations... available HeRe.
* * * * *

A few "SPooL" blocks were made this week too. 
I thought I should advance this quilt project as it's on my WOOFA list.
Firstly I worked with PINK as it's the RSC 2o2o colour for June...
then I made a few others in different thread colours with different spool tops.

* * * * *

Only ONE qayg "string" block this week... bit sad really...😂... (29-35 completed).


How are you all doing now? 
With the relaxing of some restrictions...LiFe is slowly getting 
to perhaps what will be the new NoRMaL for us all... 
but it's NiCe to be able to go out a little more.
I know I'm looking forward to visiting my hair salon ... 👸
STAY SAFE... xox

Linking to:  RSC2o2o...with Angela over HERE.

17 comments:

Fiona said...

lovely sewing.. that tea fabric is perfect for the mug bag.... I am loving the spool blocks and 1 strip block is better than none....
Hugz

Pink Rose said...

Good morning Chez oh your xmas tree skirt is so darn cute ,love how you are using fabric instead of felt ,its so pretty.What a adorable mug set ,this set will make a wonderful gift for someone. Your blocks are coming along nicely,well done my friend on all your beautiful work,take care xx

Maria said...

That is going to be a cute Tree Skirt .....
The Mug Bag with matching Rug is a great gift idea, thanks for sharing....
Loving the Spools and nice bright QAYG block..

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Everything is looking wonderful Chez and I really love how your tree skirt is progressing.
Enjoy your weekend x

Karen's Korner said...

I am drooling over those pretty pink spool blocks. Your tree skirt is progressing beautifully.

Vireya said...

Lots of lovely projects! You are being very productive.

Barwitzki said...

You sewed great things ... I love the little bag.
Warm regards to you.
Viola

Jeanna said...

That tree skirt is going to be adorable and I LOVE the little bag and mug rug in the tea fabric. We have been given a little more freedom as well but my hubby and I have decided to take it slow and watch everyone else for a little longer. Besides, I have enough to keep me busy in the sewing room.

kiwikid said...

Then tree skirt is coming along really well, the mug bag and rug makes a wonderful present. Great blocks.

Janice said...

Lots of lovelies there. The fabric is perfect for the mug bag and rug. The tree skirt is really fun.

Karen S said...

Your tree skirt is looking better and better with every addition.
Lovely work on your mug rug and bag. Gorgeous gift.
And all the pink spools are adorable. Great work.

Kat Scribner said...

Your tree skirt is so adorable, so much applique work ! Wow.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for the link to your Mug and Rug tutorial. Super cute set!! Nice work on those PINK blocks for the RSC, too. :o))

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Adorable Christmas tree skirt! That looks like fun to work on!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love the Mug bag and rug....Your spools are lovely. It's going to be gorgeous!

Jenny said...

Lovely projects, all so nice. I do rather like the mug rog and little bag, great to take away to a class, and it would make such a sweet gift too. I know what you mean about a visit to the hairdresser, guess the whole world is waiting for a trim. I was lucky to get an appointment last week.

Susie H said...

Your spool blocks are adorable! but that tree skirt absolutely puts a smile on my face. I LOVE IT!