Wednesday, August 19, 2020

LoTs MoRe PLaY

I've been working on my " In The Wild " play rug this week... (woofa project).
Lots of tracing, ironing, cutting & then placement... but it's coming along nicely.
I'll soon be able to start stitching...

* * * * *

And a new "toy" arrived in the mail during the week too...  so I put it to gOOd use
by making a few "cable caddys"... with a  "snap" fastener of course.

If you would like to make one or two for yourself... 
I have the FREE instructions & cutting template over HeRe.
* * * * *

And another 10 1/2 inch scrap busting "wonky hexie block" was made too.
This time using a much LARGER centre hexie... which looks way better.
But I'll use different hexie sizes to add to the "wonky" look of this charity quilt.

* * * * *

And if you are having problems with the comment notification email with the NeW interface...
try this fix found HeRe...


* * * * *

Linked to:
Oh Scrap... http://quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.com

* * * * *

13 comments:

Fiona said...

I love your animals for the play rug.... just so sweet. I have one of those toys too... wonderful aren't they? great idea for the cable ties... mine are always lying all over the place!
Have a lovely rest of the week...
Hugz

Pink Rose said...

Good morning Chez oh this playmat is going to be awesome,love the animals,lol i have one of those toys too,Fiona put me onto them they are great,have fun,stay safe and take care my friend xx

dq said...

Goodness sakes! Those blocks are ADORABLE!

Vireya said...

The animal blocks are so cute!

Wendyb said...

Looking good miss Cheryll.... I’ve been looking at those snap fastener kits and umming and aaaing, but if you say it’s good, and it looks like it’s good...I might just have to succumb! Sugary hugs xx

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

such cute animal blocks! The cable caddies are definitely something useful. I love that snap tool.......I still have one of those old vintage metal things I should probably update.....

Chookyblue...... said...

Thanks for showing us your different blocks on Sunday.....I like the wonky hexies..... They look good just catching up on your last few posts.....

kiwikid said...

Your animals look wonderful, they will make a wonderful play rug. Your cable caddies are a great idea.

Maria said...

I love those funky animals , will make a cute play at....
Great new toys that work perfectly on those cable tidies....
Thanks for the link re comments...

Christine M said...

Your animals are very cute, Chez. Those snap fasteners look great.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love those cute critters. And thanks for the blogger help....I need to bite the bullet and try again x

Karen S said...

These animals are great fun for quilt blocks. Looking forward to seeing them together in a quilt.
Have fun with your new toy.

Janice said...

You have been busy. The play mat will be such fun for little folk. The cable tidies are a great idea, especially for when travelling. Have fun with your wonky blocks. It be a nice colourful quilt.