Thursday, October 8, 2020

It's OcToBeR...

 and I'm still wondering where this year has gone...?

We spent the recent Labour Day  l o n g  weekend away with family...
Country style camping on a farm with only stars & a fire for light at night... 
& by day... horses, cows, kangaroos, birds & a goanna or two as play mates.
It was a wonderful spot & ALL the kids LoVeD it...
We'll certainly be going back again in 2021...

In the sewing room... 
I prepared the binding for my SPooLs quilt...
* * * * * 

I also made chain link blocks using the RSC2020 colour of YeLLow... 
& one additional "purple" block as well. 
I've cut the remaining 4 block pieces too so that brings the total to 20.
* * * * *

I like using items that would normally be throw away... so after hubby finished drinking his "Crown Royal" (that is sold inside velvet bags), I converted them into "point protective" bags for my CRAZY 6 inch & 8 inch templates.
* * * * *
I've been working on finishing a project as well.
Layering... Pinning... & then Starting to quilt...
More on this one later...

11 comments:

Susie H said...

Love the repurposed Crown bags - pretty & useful! Oh what fun it looks like you & the family had! You must definitely go back again!!!

Maria said...

Looks like a beautiful relaxing place to go camping with the family..
Like the spotty binding..
Great RSC blocks....

Fiona said...

great time with the family... it can be fun getting away from it all... love your repurposed bags.... and great blocks... it's going to look wonderful when they all come together...
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Looks like you had agreat time away with the family, sounds like the perfect place. Your blocks are great and you did a great job repurposing the bags.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely upcycling.....its crazy the way so many things are way over packaged. Great RSC blocks and LOVE the spotty binding. Wish all our family camped....looks a fab apot.....BTW Big birthday hugs for today too xxxxx

Karen S said...

That looks like a lovely spot for camping. How great to have family together.
Lovely work with your blocks and the recycling.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

what a perfect weekend with family! Love all your projects.....for some reason I keep thinking of "card trick" block when I see your chain blocks....I guess if you turned them on point they would look like card trick....good repurposing of the Crown Royal bags.....I have seen some quilters make quilts out of them!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on getting your YELLOW blocks pieced for the RSC and SEW glad that you had some fun time away!!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Chez great to see you and your lovely family enjoying camping.Its always wonderful to see what lovely work you have been doing,well done my friend xx

Marly said...

I've never seen the chain link block before. It looks interesting, but can you make it without partial seams?

dq said...

That is a great use of those bags for sure.

I loved your Labor Day photos. My favorite was how the horses were so interested in the seated lady.