Thursday, July 22, 2021

SoMe PRoGReSS...

I was supposed to be in Melbourne this week... darn Covid-19... shopping & enjoying the company of my DD's ๐Ÿ˜ข & it's the 2nd year it's been postponed too... 
but... at least we are all safe... and healthy...✅
Last week was a little hectic with ALL the cancelling having to be done... & also celebrating hubby's BiG birthday๐ŸŽ‰... so sad that everyone's plans had to change because 1 positive case just didn't stay home...๐Ÿ˜ 

BuT... on a positive note...
this meant I could work on my WOOFA project... doin' a HaPPy dance here 
by adding & then stitching the applique on the 2nd row... 
& adding sashings, pieced strip & center to the remaining 2 rows as well... 
The remaining applique flowers, leaves & lady bugs were prepared too... ๐Ÿ‘
<> <> <> <> <>

All 5 rows of BLuE BoY were sewn together & then the quilting was started.

I hope you are all staying safe & healthy...

* * * * *

12 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Sorry you missed out on visiting with your DD's in Melbourne. Hope all is okay up in your area. Loving your blue boy quilt blocks. Very striking!

Vireya said...

Good for you! Not everyone can turn their cancellation disappointments into positive creativity.

I love the look of what you are working on. Happy big birthday to your husband!

Sharon Kwilter said...

I'm going to enjoy watching your applique progress. Now that I have a fabric cutter, I'm super eager to try an applique project of my own.

Maria said...

Always sad when you have to cancels your plans but it did give you time to work on your WOOFA challenge and blues….

loulee said...

Shame you missed out on your visit. But as you say, better to be healthy.
Blue Boy looks like an amazing project, I'm looking forward to seeing that one finished.
Oh my goodness, all that applique.

Fiona said...

A big shame about your trip being cancelled... xx....disappointing.... I love your happy quilt you are doing... those bugs just make me smile! OOOh... very fancy quilting... love it...

Hugz

kiwikid said...

Sorry to hear your trip had tombe cancelled seems to the way of life at present, better to be healthy though. You have been very busy with all your lovely projects.

Christine M said...

Your quilt is looking lovely Chez. Very disappointing having to cancel holidays.

Susie H said...

So sorry to hear about Australia closing up again. Such a downer! It really puts the brakes on events. Your WOOFA is so pretty & cheerful that it's hard to imagine you were missing your DDs. So pretty!

Karen S said...

It is a shame to have all your plans cancelled like that. Very frustrating all round.
I am pleased you make use of the extra time for your lovely projects.

dq said...

Sorry to hear that Covid messed up your wonderfully planned trip - darn darn.
What you did instead is so so beautiful!!!

Jenny said...

Sorry you missed seeing your girls. You guys have had it rough down there with lock downs. But I'm glad your OK . The qUilt looks lovely