Wednesday, September 21, 2022

CleaRing SoMe BacKLoG

My cubbyhole was messy AnD crowded... so I got to work to clean up a few UFO's.
.
I took home a flimsy some time ago & finally got around to quilting & binding it. 
It was donated by a fellow Novocastrian Quilters member...
                                      and now it's finished it will be donated as a Charity Quilt.

THEN... I stitched the last few rows together on my QAYG strip quilt too.
The binding & label were also added so now it's ready to go off as a Charity Quilt.
Although using up lots of scraps, I didn't even make a dint in my scrap bucket 😅.
However I did learn a valuable lesson... ALWaYS check the backing layout...
...TWICE...

Ooopps... 
In My OPiniOn... 
it was just too late to correct this after it was finished.

<> <> <> <> <>

7 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Two lovely finishes and I would call that a "design change" not an oops.

Lin said...

Far too late and anyway, of course you planned it that way didn't you! Two lovely charity quilts. xx

Susie H said...

What sweet donation quilts. Love the little deer. As for your back, I think it looks very modern. Good job!

Maria said...

Both lovely donation quilts that will be loved…
I thought that’s how you wanted the back to look ?

Karen S said...

Sometimes we do just have to jump in and get those UFOs finished. Great work getting both done. I have to go with your idea that it was too far down the track to change the block layout. It adds character and somebody is always going to wonder about it, so it adds interest.

Janice said...

Looking good.

Chookyblue...... said...

bugger about the back but the front looks great........the red really makes it all pop....