Sunday, January 29, 2023

SAHRR

This means Stay At Home Round Robin .
As this will be a Community quilt, I used a donated Orphan block as my centre.
It's an unusual size at 17 inch x 21 inch but I will make it work...🤞

 Round #1
The block for this round was chosen by Roseann & Sue at
 Home Sewn By Us .  You can find them over HeRe.
I added 10 (6 inch) "spools" in two different colours cut from donated scraps.
After a little MaTHeMaTiCs... all four sides were done.
Now to wait for Round #2...

12 comments:

Fiona said...

I love how you build on blocks so well.... and match those colours..
Hugz

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Cheryll! Great job on adding your spools. I love that striped fabric - it looks like it matches the green-dotted fabric nicely. I can't wait to see how your piece develops over the next rounds. Thanks for joining in and linking up this week. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Kat Scribner said...

Nice, I like your arrangement !

Lin said...

Looking good. xx

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Great spool blocks, and I love the layout and the color combo!

loulee said...

Great additions.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a wonderful way to use the SAHRR prompts! Your donation quilt is off to a great start!

piecefulwendy said...

Looks like you did the math well - your spools look great!

Susie H said...

Great job on getting those spools worked in. You "mathed" it perfectly! Ha!

kiwikid said...

Looks amazing Cheryll.

Jeanna said...

The spools are a great addition and the fabrics coordinate very well with the center block.

chrisknits said...

What a gorgeous bright SAHRR you are making. Love the colors.