Sunday, February 5, 2023

MoRe BLoCKs

 This time I made a FIREFLY...
 for DD#2 tummy time quilt called Fancy Forest.


AnD...  an OWL... for the same quilt.

I also made my RSC2023 block for February in  PiNK...
This block is made using the "X" block ruler.
You can visit Angela & RSC here.

And I finished off another community quilt from donated "orphan" blocks.
They are a "crazy" style QAYG block but I was only given 9 blocks in total. 
I made "6 others" to compliment the design... still using red & black colours.
I'm pretty happy with the end result.

II'm off on a short holiday so I'll  
s see you back here in a week or so... 
<> <> <> <> <>

15 comments:

kiwikid said...

Wonderful blocks, and well done with the orphan blocks now a quilt. Have a great time away.

Fiona said...

More lovely blocks for your woodland tummy quilt. love the X blocks (I think I have that ruler somewhere!) Great result with the orphan blocks quilt... it looks so good...
Hugz

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting your PINK block for the RSC done before heading off on vacation... Enjoy your time away!

Vireya said...

Love those blocks!

Have a great time on your holiday.

Jenny said...

You have been busy! Those forest blocks make a lovely quilt.

Needled Mom said...

I love the Fancy Forest pattern and your blocks are beautiful for it.

Maria said...

Beautiful Fancy Forest blocks .
Good to have made your RSC blocks and a great community quilt finish.
Enjoy your holiday.

Lin said...

You are on a roll with your blocks which are looking great. I love the black and red quilt. Have a lovely holiday. xx

Susie H said...

Lovely projects -- those X-ruler blocks fascinate me! LOVE! And speaking of love, that owl!!!! Keep up the good work!

loulee said...

More cute critters, the RSC blocks look great and the red and black quilt is stunning. Great way to compliment those orphans.

Karen's Korner said...

You have been very busy in the sewing room. Enjoy your holiday.

Jeanna said...

I'm enjoying your Fancy Forest quilt. Enjoy your vacation!

Susan said...

Love that red and black, and the firefly is fabulous, so is the owl, but milder colors, of course. Hope you have a great break!

Michelle Ridgway said...

The woodland block is beautiful. Lots of lovely work. Enjoy your hols x

Karen S said...

The firefly and owl are wonderful.
Great work with your colour blocks, too.
And well done with making blocks to match for the red quilt. A great finish.