Thursday, August 12, 2021

THiS - n - THaT

 I was determined to make the best of this lockdown, so I committed myself to "fixing" a couple of "old" projects. The first was to add a hanging sleeve to a Xmas quilt & the second was to add more quilting to the background of another. 
Both were made several 😲 years ago & I always felt I wanted to "improve" them. 
Now I have... & I'm very HaPPy.... so in your face Covid... 😛

<> <> <> <> <>

The RSC 2021 colour this month is Aqua / Teal.
I made lots of HST using those colours...✅
In fact... I've made 54 blocks so far (108 are needed) but after trimming all 54 blocks I decided to give the wrist a rest... 😀. 
I'll make more during this forced "lockdown" to keep busy.

<> <> <> <> <>

11 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Having extra time at home has been the upside to lockdown. Good idea fixing (finishing) projects that you'd not got round to before.

Fiona said...

I did laugh at 'in your face Covid'... haha.... may as well make the best of the situation hey?
Hugz

Vireya said...

Good for you, Cheryll!

Karen's Korner said...

Well done on the late fixes and aren't we glad for our stashes......we knew that they would be used one day.

Janice said...

Aren’t we lucky that we have such a great interest we can play with at home. We have those good sized stashes for a reason. LOL. Good on you for improving those older projects.

Maria said...

There is a positive to COVID for you… getting a long awaited fix done …
Also working on many HST….

Susie H said...

I keep hoping to see that your lockdown has been lifted but so far NOT! I feel really bad for you Aussies going in it for the 2nd time. Our president assures us that won't happen here but ..... Whatever. Good for you to get satisfaction on TWO projects!

Christine M said...

I bet it feels good to have finally done those improvements.

Jenny said...

Lockdown sewing often morphs into lockdown baking, have you reached that stage yet. I agree with others comments, thank goodness for our stash! And for the internet, being able to reach out to friendly quilters worldwide.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fun fabrics for that baby gift!!

Susan said...

Aren't we really lucky we have such a great hobby that is also a live saver. Us quilters are used to working on our own and well the internet. Also working on our projects keep us sane. So all in all the lockdowns don't affect us that much. I am at my happiest when sitting in my stitching chair and listening to audio books and stitching away! Love your work!!!!