Thursday, September 9, 2021

Keep on... Keeping on...

It MuSt be coming to an end...🤞... as vaccination rates are climbing...

With so much TiMe on my hands... I finished the flimsy...  Flower Trellis.
I'll send this large quilt off to Julie so she can work her magic. 
It's just a tad too big for me to want to handle under my domestic... 
but first I need the shops to open so I can purchase the backing...😔
<> <> <> <> <>

And the "BiRDs" quilt has progressed... with a definite SPRinG feel to it...
Tracing... fusing... placing... heating... stitching...
The inner border was next... but now I'm waiting for the border fabric to arrive...
<><><><>

I decided on the next charity quilt design too...
Started cutting black & white blocks using my SCRaPs...  & my Crazier 8 templates.
 A large 16inch block with a black centre this time... 
but colours are next on the agenda...
These templates are a great way to use up your scraps AnD you get a hidden gem.
<> <> <> <> <>

And row 3 of Blue Boy was free motion quilted...  & then joined.
As you can see I'm using the QAYG method.
<> <> <> <> <>

9 comments:

Susan said...

busy busy - I do hope you guys get your freedom day!

I must investigate that Crazy8 template set...a great result with your scraps

Maria said...

So good you have the cubby to go and play in while on lockdown…
Well done on the Trellis finish , I hear you that it’s too big to do…
Good progress on Boy Blue..
That B/W blocks looks amazing using those templates …..

Susie H said...

WOW! I love the Crazy 8 block. Certainly stunning! I can't wait to see Flower Trellis all quilted up. That looked like a beautiful project!

Chookyblue...... said...

I've blocked all news.... It's very nice in many ways..... This may continue..... Who knows..... The block block looks great.....
And that one looks pretty that your sending off for quilting.....

Karen's Korner said...

That b/w block is gorgeous. Nice work on flower trellis and your bird quilt definitely says Spring. Very pretty. Won't it be lovely to be able to go to the shops and actually feel fabric again.

Karen S said...

Great work finishing the flimsy.
The birds and flowers are very colourful. That will make a cheerful quilt.

Fiona said...

Heaps of lovely projects... I do love your trellis one... so pretty and how clever with your black and white..... keep sewing!!

Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

You are keeping busy inmthe nicest way....love all your pretty sewing...black and white is always so effective. Stay well and safe xx

Jewells said...

Looking forward to quilting your quilt for you. Lock down has had many people making quilts... me included!